Windows 10: Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously?

Discus and support Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Id like to be able to search ALL of my folders (in my current folder and all subfolders), simultaneously. I was able to do this in the previous... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kwitel, Sep 25, 2018.

1. kwitel Win User

Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously?

Id like to be able to search ALL of my folders (in my current folder and all subfolders), simultaneously.

I was able to do this in the previous version.

Can I do this in 2016?

Thanks in advance.

:)

kwitel, Sep 25, 2018

2. Has the ability to turn off searching subfolders to the current folder been abolished?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me help you clarify your doubts.

The ability to turn off searching subfolders to the current folder is not abolished. If you are facing difficulties with the same, I suggest you to run
    Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps

Follow the below method.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the
    correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows
      key + W key on your desktop.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box on the upper right hand corner.

• Select the Troubleshooting
      option obtained after the search.

• Select View All
      option.

• Select the Search and Indexing.

• Click on Next
      to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Check if the issue persists or not.

Please reply with the updated status and details. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Hitesh12 Win User
    Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Lu_Q Win User

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've followed that step, but no go 4 me.

The emails in the Inbox and Sent Items are synced well, but emails in the subfolders* not.

*subfolders: in the Inbox, I create a folder which is used to receive emails following certain rules.

Thema:

1. Outlook: can I search "current folder" & "subfolders" simultaneously? - Similar Threads - Outlook search current

2. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  3. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  4. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Cortana
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  5. Search excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Cortana
    Search excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  6. Microsoft Outlook Subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook Subfolders: I am running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 under Windows 10. I have mail folders set up and in some cases sub folders within those folder. All of a sudden I cannot access those sub folders on my PC although I still can on my iPhone. My PC will display a + sign alongside a...
  7. Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Current folder search shows subfolder results - anyone else getting this problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/if155 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4aqzc/current_folder_search_shows_subfolder_results/
  8. Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?: I've performed an in place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a relatives ex lease business notebook. I wanted to perform an upgrade first and evaluate what would be required for an eventual clean Win 10 install to an SSD. As an ex lease machine it appears to have an old MS...
  9. I can't create named subfolder, or folders for email in outlook 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create named subfolder, or folders for email in outlook 10.: I can't create named subfolders, or folders for email in windows 10 using new samsung notebook laptop, it shows folder named xxxx could not be created. I'm following directions but I'm getting nowhere....
  10. add search to folder in outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add search to folder in outlook: When I open a folder sometimes there is no search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/add-search-to-folder-in-outlook/4317d3bb-5dd4-4f3a-947e-8d08d2cb3042

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 outlook search subfolders