Windows 10: Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type

Discus and support Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by GMS Group, Nov 16, 2019.

1. GMS Group Win User

Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type

Hi

I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all.

ERROR: 0x800CCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.

Software:
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6785.5000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6785.5000)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.418

Email Settings:

Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type [​IMG]

Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type [​IMG]

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You

:)

GMS Group, Nov 16, 2019
  2. geno368 Win User

Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Nov 16, 2019
  3. outlook 2010 on windows 7 get error that your server does not support connection encryption type SSL

I have Windows 7 and outlook 2010 update to date and i have purchase SSL certificate installed in my WHM/Cpanel server and working fine in browser when i try to add new account during the test i got this -- send test email message : your server does not
    support connection encryption type you have specified try to change encryption method

i set configuration for outlook as following :

Incoming (POP) Server: mydomain.com

Port: 995

the server require an encryption connection SSL checkedEncrypted Connection: SSL

Outgoing (SMTP) Server: mydomain.com

mydomain.com Port: 465

Encrypted Connection: SSL

request login using secure password authentication is check or not same

my outgoing server require authentication is check or not same

in windows 10 PC with same outlook 2010 no issue and working fine

in Firefox Thunderbird working fine

in IOS working fine only problem with windows7 and outlook 2010

I try outlook 2013 in windows 7 same error

I contact my hosting provider and he check all thing and no issue in the server

Please any one have idea to solve this problem

Mohamad_Beko, Nov 16, 2019
  4. tcman50 Win User

Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type

How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

I have been working for hours to try and figure out how to link my gmail account to outlook in windows 10, everything looks correct, username, password, 2 step verification turned off on gmails end, pop mail enabled on gmails end and yet all I get time after time is incorrect login and password identification.

Even weirder, is on on occasion it will actually connect the gmail account to outlook in windows 10 but I can only send messages from gmail and not receive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

tcman50, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type - Similar Threads - Outlook cannot connect

2. Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified: Hi All,Please help me, I having this issue at my workplace "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified " when send and receive email. It only happen only at Windows XP it mean others OS had no problem. There is any way to solve this??...
  3. Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified: Hi All,Please help me, I having this issue at my workplace "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified " when send and receive email. It only happen only at Windows XP it mean others OS had no problem. There is any way to solve this??...
  4. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  5. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  6. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  7. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  8. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  9. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  10. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 add gmail account erro server does not support the connection encryption type