Windows 10: Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

Discus and support Outlook Closes within 10 seconds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnDBellCorfu, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted... same problem.

I can still receive email on my phone, of course.

????

:)

JohnDBellCorfu, Nov 25, 2019

2. Outlook not closing after closing WMDC.

I am running W7 on a new PC. I also have Office 2007 which includes Outlook. I sync my PDA to Outlook using WMDC and that is, I think, where my problem lies. When I close down I get the message 'Can't close down, Outlook is still running' but
    it isn't. I always disconnect my PDA, close WMDC, and Outlook and then try to close the PC. But I keep getting the message ' Outlook is still running.' I then have to force Outlook to close before the PC will shut down.

I have opened Outlook in safe-mode, closed it again, rebooted the PC and then it is fine, for a while, but then the annoying message returns.

Can anyone offer any help here, please.

Ray

Ray of Cannock, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Outlook opens then immediately closes when roaming.

We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain, Exchange 2013, Windows 10 PC's with Office 2013. Outlook works fine on the PC where the user is first set up. But if the user roams, and logs on to another PC, Outlook opens for a few seconds, then displays a message saying
    it has to close. This started happening with Windows 10. It worked fine with Windows 7. Any suggestions?

Jim in Kansas, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

1. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds - Similar Threads - Outlook Closes within

2. DEP window keeps appearing and closing automatically within a second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DEP window keeps appearing and closing automatically within a second: idk why it keeps on reappearing although I have already run a full scan and quick scan it really didn't do anything. i was able to take a pic on what often comes up on the DEP. although I think that my computer has virus I just don't know where to locate it to remove it....
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  5. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC hangs within 10 seconds of power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs within 10 seconds of power on: Title says it all, I got into windows once the very first time I powered it on. I installed some new motherboard drivers and it asked me to restart so I did. Any time from that point on I cannot get into windows at all, I’ve tried all the methods I can think of including...
  7. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  8. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  9. All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes: I noticed this problem as I needed to download an app from the Microsoft Store and noticed I wasn't signed in. If I try and sign-in to the Microsoft Store the login window pops up for a microsecond then disappears. The same happens in all areas of Windows where a login...
  10. Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Control panel loads and then closes within 5 seconds.: My Win 10 upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022405) and now I can't load and use control panel. Did they do away with it, and if so why? Is there a fix? I have a HP ENVY with Intel i7 and Nvidia Geforce and 16 G mem. 87266