Windows 10: outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete

Discus and support outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created an outlook.com account for my son and was asked for my outlook.com account. Wanted to manage this through Family account so this was fine. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by syntaktik, Jan 1, 2020.

1. syntaktik Win User

outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete

I created an outlook.com account for my son and was asked for my outlook.com account. Wanted to manage this through Family account so this was fine. I admittedly took time to find my account and log in to verify it's still good, and then I added this email address to the form to continue with my son's outlook.com account creation.

This triggered a code being sent to my outlook.com email which I retrieved and entered into the form for my son's account creation. After this, I clicked next and it appeared that the account was created; it redirected to the login screen. I logged in with the password that I had set and received an incorrect password message though my son and I know the password by heard and yes I should have used a password manager.

I tried to reset the password and my only option is Recover Account. I filled this out and it referenced my parent email account when asked for another email address. This led me to fill out information about the account which I was able to do and is correct but is insufficient as I never had the opportunity to complete filling out the information in the account creation.

I do see my son's email account in my Family account and there is no option to reset the password. I fear this problem is not solvable though I appreciate any guidance.

Thank you

Moved from: Outlook.com Security, privacy, and accounts Other

:)

syntaktik, Jan 1, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jan 1, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jan 1, 2020
  4. alvez Win User

outlook account config

hey guys, he will be using gmail as email provider! *Smile outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete :) what you think ?

alvez, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

1. outlook.com Account Is Active In Family Account but Account Creation Incomplete - Similar Threads - outlook com Account

2. family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family account: I was set up a child account for my son, 10 years old.since about 1 month ago, when he stars the computer, load in to the windows, always open a windows as below.after click "login", thenthen login my account:ok, about 1 minutes later, windows tell me "there is a problem,...
  3. account creation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  4. account creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  5. account creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family account: It appears someone added me to a family account and put restrictions on my computer. I am very much an adult. How can someone do this without my permission? How do I find out who did this? and how do I reverse it?...
  7. Family account

Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  8. Family account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family account.: I have setup my 2 kids account on family account and monitoring their activities. But lately I am not able to see the activities online. They mainly use Chrome and the activities mentions the time against Chrome and nothing else. Before I was able to see which web pages...
  9. Administrator account - incomplete activation

Administrator account - incomplete activation: Hi, I tried to activate my Administrator account on a Win 10 HP Envy 700-414. I did this because I thought it would help me delete some folders/files from a local network external hard drive. These file were created by a Vista machine that I no longer have. I get access...
  10. Creation of a local account as a family member

Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792