Windows 10: Outlook.com Email

Discus and support Outlook.com Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The only way I could get Outlook.com email to work in Outlook 2016 was to remove the two step authorisation from my Microsoft account. I read that with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AlanWade, Sep 18, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Outlook.com Email

The only way I could get Outlook.com email to work in Outlook 2016 was to remove the two step authorisation from my Microsoft account. I read that with the two-step activated you need to get a app password from my Microsoft homepage which I did but still it wouldnt work.
    Does anyone have any idea how to make Outlook.com email work with Outlook 2013/2016 with the two step activated?

Many Thanks

Alan

:)

AlanWade, Sep 18, 2015
  2. david-e Win User

Connect Windows Phone 8.1 Update to Outlook.com

> Is it the same email address as the one you are attempting to set up as an Outlook account?

I think the correct answer to this question is, No.

My Outlook.com email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. That is not the email for my Microsoft Account.

But the email address used for my MS Account has been added as an email account to Outlook.com.

Desktop Outlook allows me to connect to both the outlook.com account and the personal email account.

I'm trying to use outlook.com to fully sync email on my phone.

david-e, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Eloise T. Win User
    I want to set up 2 Outlook.com emails on my WP8

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

Normally you should be able to use different Outlook.com emails on your phone.

Are you using one of the Outlook.com email as your Microsoft account ?

Are they just Outlook.com emails or Exchange, or from an other domain ?

If they are just normal Outlook.com emails, you can try to add one under "Hotmail"

Regards,

Eloïse T

Eloise T., Sep 18, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Outlook.com Email

Outlook works with app passwords but strangely enough the setup process is buggy; I have honestly sometimes got the password prompt 3 - 4 times until Outlook finally accepts it and the account is all set up.

Based on my experience I recommend setting up the email accounts for Outlook, especially MS accounts with two step verification enabled when the Outlook itself is in fact not running.

In this way I have never failed to set up an email account in Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016:
    When installed launch Outlook and when it initially asks do you want to set up an email account, answer No and in the follow-up question Yes, I do want to use Outlook without an email. When ready or if your Outlook was already setup earlier, close it.

Next step: set up your email accounts in Control Panel:

Outlook.com Email [​IMG]

The credentials dialog can pop up a few times asking for the password:

Outlook.com Email [​IMG]

Just add your app password each time and click OK, you account should finally be set up.

5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Kari, I will give it a go *Smile

AlanWade, Sep 18, 2015
  6. AlanWade Win User
    Sorted Thankyou Kari *Smile

AlanWade, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

8. ChrisNH Win User

Outlook.com Email

I have two-step verification enabled on my Microsoft Account, use Windows 10, have installed Office 2016, and ran into the 'buggy" issue you mentioned when I tried to update my MS password. In other words it also took me several tries to get Outlook 2016 desktop to accept an app password for my Outlook email account. This problem occurred on two different PCs, a Lenovo laptop and Surface Pro 3. You would think that MS would have this all worked out. In any case, next time I change my MS password I will try your method. Thanks for the insight!

ChrisNH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook.com Email

1. Outlook.com Email - Similar Threads - Outlook com Email

2. Outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email: I can't add an outlook.com email account to my mail app. I have clicked on Add an Account, and then selected Outlook.com, it pulls up a new window that says creating account with some moving dots, and then goes back to the regular add an account window. Any ideas?...
  3. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  4. Outlook email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook email: I can receive email in my outlook account Verizon but cannot send email. Worked perfectly until yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/5d5a53cc-5e81-469c-ba79-875ad6597a73
  5. email in outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email in outlook: I wanted to change my email address from sharon.cunha @ att.net to sharon.cunh@ outlook. com or Microsoft.com, because I deleted *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, so now I get a blank email icon...
  6. Outlook email

Outlook email: Why am i asked to update my Outlook settings? I have renewed my password and yet continue to receive this message every couple of days. I have made no changes to my Outlook account except updated my password as requested....
  7. Outlook Email

Outlook Email: If I previously had a Outlook Email Account but now have a Spectrum Email Account would they have auto synced? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/79dea02a-b818-4227-8cfe-cf4d8e53e691
  8. Outlook email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook email: OUTLOOK WILL NOT OPEN. THERE IS AN ICON FOR IT ON THE TASKBAR BUT IT DOES NOTHING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/05428a11-035b-4558-8274-2f8eb5e4fcaf
  9. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  10. Outlook emails

Outlook emails: Hello all, Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to send out emails. getting errors and the email lingering in your Outbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-emails/bf839675-77fe-4951-9bfe-c9885cf1ac98

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DAVID outlook.com