Windows 10: outlook.com family password reset child

Discus and support outlook.com family password reset child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarkAngelier, Feb 11, 2020.

1. outlook.com family password reset child

Hello,

I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email from the automated system. It cannot verify ownership. How can it be that it cannot verify me as owner with my email holder / administrator of the microsoft family as owner? I am requesting it with my email address which is the main address in the family group. This should be sufficient information for a password reset as we are attached via microsoft family. How can I get a password reset if this is already not working. It's a 6 years old so it doesn't have send e-mails or whatever.

Br, Mark

:)

MarkAngelier, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Feb 11, 2020
  3. RedHeron Win User
    How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

I'm also having issues with this.

There is NO OPTION to change the password, either in Windows 10 or in the family management area of the online account preferences. My son is disabled, and has issues with memory, but proudly remembered his password until recently, when he changed it. He's
    just turned 7 years old. Why am I not permitted to clearly manage the account?

When I go to Settings -> Account -> Family & Other People there are no options.

The Family Safety control panel does not exist on my computer.

The Microsoft account management feature connected to my son's email address (which we have set up with his school to manage schoolwork this year) does not have any obvious option to reset the password.

So... again, how do we do this?

RedHeron, Feb 11, 2020
  4. outlook.com family password reset child

How to reset a microsfot family childs password

"We can certainly help you in resetting your child's password. Log in your account on the device then go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage
    another accounts. Check if you can modify the password. "

As stated above, I can not do it though windows because it is a Microsoft family account.

"If you still can't change the password, go toReset your password.
    Select the appropriate option then reset the password."

The link you sent me is to rest my password. I want to reset my child's password, which is none of the options.

I do not want to "send her email" a password, I just want to be able to control it and change it. not sure why that functionality has disappeared going into Microsoft 10 and Microsoft family.

StephenBates_925, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

outlook.com family password reset child

1. outlook.com family password reset child - Similar Threads - outlook com family

2. Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family. How can I change child password?: I forgot my child’s password to his account under Microsoft Family. My son cannot get access to the account and I don’t know how to retrieve it. Help me please......
  3. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  4. How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account

How do I reset a childs account password who is a part of the family account: Created an account using my credit card for my child. but I did not note the password. However when I try to reset the password there is only one option to fill a form. The form includes a bunch of services which my child never used. So it is failing with not - enough - info...
  5. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  6. Cannot reset child account password

Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  7. Unable to reset password in Microsoft family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset password in Microsoft family: Hi, I created account in Microsoft Family for my son and tried to log in to this account. Unfortunately I forgot the password and decided to reset it. However the system asked me to enter Microsoft account password but I have never had this account and a password. It demanded...
  8. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  9. Changing child password for Family Safety

Changing child password for Family Safety: Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no...
  10. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family reset child password