Windows 10: Outlook.com Mail - I have associated Mail as the Default but it's not recognized

Discus and support Outlook.com Mail - I have associated Mail as the Default but it's not recognized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, It appears that because outlook.com is a web-based email, I can make an association to it, to open it as the default but it won't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAPXV, May 30, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

Outlook.com Mail - I have associated Mail as the Default but it's not recognized

Hello,

It appears that because outlook.com is a web-based email, I can make an association to it, to open it as the default but it won't be recognized because it is not an email client residing on my hard drive.

I wanted to send a picture from my pictures folder as an attachment to an email using the drop down menu but when I selected "Send to Recipient," it told me that it either was not on my hard drive or I hadn't made an association yet to make it my default.

Is the Outlook application (not outlook.com) web-based now, like Word, Excel, etc? You know, one of the ones that can be subscribed to? If so, does it have the same limitation as outlook.com?

RAP

Lenovo notebook "G500s Touch" ( i5 )

Windows 10 Home 64 bit (x64)

Version 1809

Microsoft Edge browser

:)

RAPXV, May 30, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, May 30, 2019
  3. Can't get Mail to recognize Outlook as mail client

I have Outlook 2013 installed. I have my own domain, so I have Outlook configured to download my email for me to manage locally. I have a Microsoft account.

Then Windows pushed the 10 upgrade. Now when I try to "Share" something, like a picture, and pick Mail it doesn't recognize my Outlook mail application. In "Mail" I have select the Getting Started and have added my email account to Accounts, but when
    I use Mail, nothing lists under Accounts and now even the + Accounts is greyed out. In Settings/Email & app accounts I have listed under Email, calendar, and contacts listed Outlook with my email account name listed.

Things I've done/checked:

- I've checked and Outlook (desktop) is set as the default for all possible defaults.

- Privacy settings - Email: Turned on to let apps access and send email. It also says that the following built-in apps are always allowed to access and send email: Mail and Calendar.

How am I supposed to get the Mail app to recognize and use my Outlook for mailing? Or is this even possible? Do I need to disable the Mail function to allow Outlook to be recognized as my emailing application? When I click "Share" I need to have Outlook
    be recognized as one of my sharing applications. Help!!

Rupunzlkim, May 30, 2019
  4. Hamish Win User

Outlook.com Mail - I have associated Mail as the Default but it's not recognized

Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

I recently visited my sister and set up a new computer for her with Windows 10, MS Office 2016 professional and using the Windows Mail. She is as pleased as punch but when wanting to send jpegs to a mail recipient (and resize them accordingly) it asks her to create a new profile in Outlook.

So I must have installed Outlook by mistake, and further it has somehow associated itself with the "send to mail recipient" function.

The computer is in a different country so its quite a problem for me.

First thought was to uninstall Outlook only. This does not seem to be easily possible.
    settings, app, apps and features, Office 2016..., modify - then allows only repair or uninstall. To be honest I am afraid to ask her to press the uninstall button in case it uninstalls the lot and then I have an even bigger problem!

Will it give us the choice to uninstall only Outlook?

Second thought was to correct the file associations.
    Settings, apps, default apps, mail is set to Mail
    set defaults by app, Mail has everything set to Mail
    set defaults by app, Outlook has the sendto function now set to Mail (but this did not help even after a restart). There are a lot of other file types/functions here which don't seem to give the option of being set to Mail.

What can we do? Is there something in choose default applications by protocol which can be reassigned to Mail from Outlook?

Thanks for your advice...

Hamish, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook.com Mail - I have associated Mail as the Default but it's not recognized - Similar Threads - Outlook com Mail

2. I have a problem connecting to Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem connecting to Outlook mail: Recently I had to re-install Windows 11 Home. Since then I have to click the sign in button to access my Email every time. I have one win 11 pro laptop and two win 10 pro desktops that do not require this extra step. How can I fix this computer?...
  3. I have a problem connecting to Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem connecting to Outlook mail: Recently I had to re-install Windows 11 Home. Since then I have to click the sign in button to access my Email every time. I have one win 11 pro laptop and two win 10 pro desktops that do not require this extra step. How can I fix this computer?...
  4. associate a mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    associate a mail program: Hello Trying to e-mail a photo on my desktop. I get an error message: This action cannot be performed. Associate a mail program with this type of file... How can I do that? If someone answers, where can I find the answer? My e-mail address is : *** Email address is...
  5. Default Mail will not accept Outlook or eMClient

Default Mail will not accept Outlook or eMClient: I keep trying to use the send to in Windows Explorer to send reduced jpg by email and Windows 10 would not accept my outlook.com email. So I went to the Windows Store and downloaded eMClient, installed, and set it as the Default Mail program/app and still Windows 10 will not...
  6. outlook mail

outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  7. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  8. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  9. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  10. Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail: I recently visited my sister and set up a new computer for her with Windows 10, MS Office 2016 professional and using the Windows Mail. She is as pleased as punch but when wanting to send jpegs to a mail recipient (and resize them accordingly) it asks her to create a new...