Windows 10: Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive

Discus and support Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re excited to announce the new Save to OneDrive feature, a simpler way to manage and save your email attachments. This is a feature you’ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive

Read more: Save your Outlook.com email attachments to OneDrive in one click - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Jan 9, 2015
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10. Read only Files. Tried every suggested fix on here and nothing works.

Thank you for the update. It is possible that accessing the file from OneDrive can be the cause though we still need to isolate the issue to be sure that it was causing the errors. Can you answer the questions below?

• How are you opening the files? Is it from OneDrive online directly or from OneDrive app?
    • Is your OneDrive synced to your computer?

In the meantime, try downloading the files then save them directly on your PC before editing it.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 9, 2015
  3. EventID 6065 - Error - syncrunnabletask.cpp\SettingSyncHost.exe - The service has not been started - how to solve?

Does the OneDrive configured to your computer? Does the Office is synced to your OneDrive? If yes, try to save files directly to OneDrive for us to see if there are no sync issues.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 9, 2015
Thema:

Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive

1. Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Outlook com allows

2. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC": I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and when want to save a PDF document it goes by default to save to "this PC." I want to be able to save it to the desktop by default as before not to "this PC." I was able to fix this with office documents using options. But I don't know how...
  3. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC": I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and when want to save a PDF document it goes by default to save to "this PC." I want to be able to save it to the desktop by default as before not to "this PC." I was able to fix this with office documents using options. But I don't know how...
  4. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.: Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge or any other browser for that matter or Outlook directly to the work server network drive. I have to save the file to my computer first I have been using the downloads folder and then go into file...
  6. Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.: Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge or any other browser for that matter or Outlook directly to the work server network drive. I have to save the file to my computer first I have been using the downloads folder and then go into file...
  7. Save a screen clipping directly to file

Save a screen clipping directly to file: Is there any way in Windows 10 to select a selection of the screen and have it save directly to a jpg or bmp file? In effect exactly the same functionality as the macOS cmd+shift+4. I don't want to open another program, I don't want to edit the image. I want to let go of the...
  8. Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...: Okay, so I have never been a OneDrive user, I disabled the online syncing function because I use google drive (which I think is way simpler and better integrated), but I have to use it now because I have some powerpoint files I need to open, and it can only be done by...
  9. saving in a file location not allowed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving in a file location not allowed: I am trying to use a program called ccomp, its a stand alone efi program I use to tune efi vehicles, my old laptop crashed, got his new one and installed the program, went well, but when I go to save a file in the program it says please contact sytem admin due to I do have...
  10. Download tool now only allows "Save File"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download tool now only allows "Save File": Windows 10 Upgrade from Win 7 When I select "Download tool now" the only options are "Save File" or "Cancel". When I choose "Save File" there is no indication of activity and I can't find the file....