Windows 10: Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what?

Discus and support Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Installing Outlook 2013 and its primary email account on a new drive (same PC) and working to add my Outlook.com as an additional account. With amazing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what?

Installing Outlook 2013 and its primary email account on a new drive (same PC) and working to add my Outlook.com as an additional account. With amazing stupidity I have lost/forgotten my Outlook.com password.
    I am unable to find anyplace where MS will allow me to change my Outlook.com password without entering the "old" password.. which is lost. I can log into my MS account just fine, but that doesn't get me anywhere with Outlook. Anybody know the approach to changing or retrieving the Outlook.com password? *Redface

:)

Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016

2. changing logon email address

I set up my device to live.com but lost password now I have outlook.com and I need my device to upgrade and work on outlook.com. Please help.

MickeyMusapitso, Jun 12, 2016
  3. change password in microsoft.com

Login to Outlook.com to change the password for your password.

WOW! Who'd thought that I would have to go to a DIFFERENT site to change the password for a DIFFERENT site! Has Microsoft lost touch? Is there no continuity? Its like they've become Netscape and have lost the will to live!

jayreyCleveland, Jun 12, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

PJLLB, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Kupuna Win User
    Thank you. Your suggestion led me to a password-changing location, but I was hesitant to go farther because it seemed to want to change my Microsoft Account password. I'm not at all sure that the .com password and the MS account password are identical. My MS Account password works fine, but it doesn't work on Outlook.com

Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Could you setup another Outlook.com account to use as the additional eMail for Outlook 2013?

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Kupuna Win User
    Thanks Slarty, I'll explore that option.

Kupuna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what? - Similar Threads - Outlook com password

2. I've lost Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost Outlook: I have Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 16 on my PC. I can access all the apps until yesterday when Outlook totally disappeared. I can see in 'processes' it is 'suspended'. The other user on PC still has Outlook so what have I done? It's like I've deleted it...
  3. Outlook email now opens w/o password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook email now opens w/o password: Recently discovered anyone can access by Outlook emails without a password. How can I password protect my emails. Using MS Office 2016. Windows 10. Thanks...
  4. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  5. lost password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost password: After installing the May upgrade my password is not accepted. How can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/df144eaa-ba0c-455e-aac7-2e2049326d0b
  6. lost password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    lost password: Hi I have lost my password that I use to get my windows credential saved passwords anyone know what to do
  7. Lost Passwords

Lost Passwords: I have 2 laptops using Windows 10. I accidentally deleted my passwords on pc1. I started to reload them on PC1. Later I started PC2 and it also delteed all my passwords, and only displayed the passwords I had reloaded on PC1. What happened? Why didin't PC2 update PC1...
  8. Lost password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost password: I lost my password to my local account on windows 10 and have created a password reset disc on a seperate windows 10 PC , But when i use the password reset disc on the PC That i have lost the password on it never works , It lets my type in my new password then the...
  9. Lost OUTLOOK

Lost OUTLOOK: Lost OUTLOOK how can I find it again. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/lost-outlook/ba2e3969-4f47-487d-9784-b93b52ebdaae
  10. Lost Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Password: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have to have a password to log on and I never set a password. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so please help. 19594