Windows 10: Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what?

Discus and support Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Installing Outlook 2013 and its primary email account on a new drive (same PC) and working to add my Outlook.com as an additional account. With amazing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what?

Installing Outlook 2013 and its primary email account on a new drive (same PC) and working to add my Outlook.com as an additional account. With amazing stupidity I have lost/forgotten my Outlook.com password.
    I am unable to find anyplace where MS will allow me to change my Outlook.com password without entering the "old" password.. which is lost. I can log into my MS account just fine, but that doesn't get me anywhere with Outlook. Anybody know the approach to changing or retrieving the Outlook.com password? *Redface

:)

Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016

2. changing logon email address

I set up my device to live.com but lost password now I have outlook.com and I need my device to upgrade and work on outlook.com. Please help.

MickeyMusapitso, Jun 12, 2016
  3. change password in microsoft.com

Login to Outlook.com to change the password for your password.

WOW! Who'd thought that I would have to go to a DIFFERENT site to change the password for a DIFFERENT site! Has Microsoft lost touch? Is there no continuity? Its like they've become Netscape and have lost the will to live!

jayreyCleveland, Jun 12, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

PJLLB, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Kupuna Win User
    Thank you. Your suggestion led me to a password-changing location, but I was hesitant to go farther because it seemed to want to change my Microsoft Account password. I'm not at all sure that the .com password and the MS account password are identical. My MS Account password works fine, but it doesn't work on Outlook.com

Kupuna, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Could you setup another Outlook.com account to use as the additional eMail for Outlook 2013?

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Kupuna Win User
    Thanks Slarty, I'll explore that option.

Kupuna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook.com password totally lost. Now what? - Similar Threads - Outlook com password

2. i'm totally lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    i'm totally lost: hello dear MS customer services ........ my windows got a big problem and i had to reset it as well now i am login as an Administrator and there's many things i can't open , can't add my MS account and for sorry when i reset it i didn't make any backup for the windows or the...
  3. Lost password on brand new Outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost password on brand new Outlook account: I set up a new Outlook account a few days ago and apparently wrote down the wrong password that I set it up with. When I try to reset the password, it's asking me for things I can't provide since the account has yet to be used. Other passwords I've used on this account none...
  4. What is com surrogate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is com surrogate: I had com surrogate I searched up what it was and alot of youtube video's said it was a virus so I deleted it and now my friend is telling its a very important file on your computer and now I am scared can you help? submitted by /u/markdojo13 [link] [comments]...
  5. Lost Outlook Inbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Outlook Inbox: I have set up a couple of alias's attached to my main Outlook email account, but I seem to have lost one and so I'm not receiving emails and cannot see the inbox inbox in the folder tree. How can I get this back? Anyone know? Thanks in advance....
  6. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  7. Office (Outlook) 2019 what is this COM thing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office (Outlook) 2019 what is this COM thing: Hi folks this COM panel seems to have appeared in the latest set of updates for Office and Outlook 2019 [img] Any idea what it is and what it's supposed to do. Cheers jimbo 153970
  8. I've lost Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost Outlook: I have Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 16 on my PC. I can access all the apps until yesterday when Outlook totally disappeared. I can see in 'processes' it is 'suspended'. The other user on PC still has Outlook so what have I done? It's like I've deleted it...
  9. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  10. Lost OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost OUTLOOK: Lost OUTLOOK how can I find it again. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/lost-outlook/ba2e3969-4f47-487d-9784-b93b52ebdaae