Windows 10: Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage

Discus and support Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, My Outlook.com emails have now been slow to respond to normal actions such as loading emails, dragging emails into folders, general tasks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JankoHrasko158, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage

Hello All,

My Outlook.com emails have now been slow to respond to normal actions such as loading emails, dragging emails into folders, general tasks.

My laptop fan has also been working hard, when opening the Windows 10 task manager i can see that Outlook.com is using about 30% of processing power even on idle.

I replicated the above on both Firefox and Edge browsers, I also tried disabling Ad-Blockers and Grammar Checking Add-Ons.

Any help/advice?

Cheeers.

[Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email]

:)

JankoHrasko158, Aug 14, 2020

2. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Aug 14, 2020
  3. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

SNIPER M1O7, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage

Task Manager "very high" CPU usage after Fall Creators Update (October)

Hi,

This issue can be caused by unwanted programs that are running on the background, heat, hardware problems, and memory usage.

High CPU usage will usually make your computer slow. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend following all the suggested methods on this
    article which are helpful in resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage

1. Outlook.com performance issues/slowing down/high CPU usage - Similar Threads - Outlook com performance

2. WinGet COM Server High CPU or Power usage [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    WinGet COM Server High CPU or Power usage [Fix]: [IMG]If WinGet COM Server consumes high CPU and power resources in Windows 11/10 PC, here are some tips that could help you troubleshoot the issue. Although you may be able to solve this problem by restarting your computer, you can also follow these solutions if that doesn’t...
  3. High cpu usage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  4. High cpu usage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  5. Microsoft Outlook Communications high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook Communications high CPU usage: The mail app on my laptop is linked to my gmail account. The Microsoft Outlook Communications has high CPU usage when I click the refresh button in mail. Most of the time the usage is between 10% and 20%, but some time it can be more than 30%. I never notice this problem...
  6. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  7. COM Surrogate high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate high CPU usage: Hello I saw many posts for COM surrogate using high CPU but never a case like mine. Whenever i click end task,it restarts the process but it keeps it low under 2% CPU Then every time i start Windows Media Player,both files go over 25-30% so i end up having COM and Windows...
  8. CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU: I AM RUNNING A DJ SOFTWARE PROGRAME CALLED VIRTUAL DJ, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO RUN SLOW OR STOP. LOOKIMG IN TASK MANAGER IT SHOWS HIGH USAGE OF COM SURROGATE, I CANNOT DISABLE THIS WHY. CAN ANYONE HELP ME [ATTACH]...
  9. Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage: Hi, I have an issue with windows 10 hibernation: from start of hibernation or sleep process when monitor turns off to when the laptop turns off it takes one to two minutes the duration is almost the same for each time. From the start of the process monitor turns off...
  10. High cpu usage and slow boot problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High cpu usage and slow boot problem: Strange issue with my pc getting very high cpu usage it will be like 30% then when i try do anything at all it can jump between that and 60/70 sometimes even 100, when i restart it sticks on the motherboard logo with a loading circle for like 2 minutes then once on the...