Windows 10: Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

Discus and support Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My outlook.com email account on my laptop will not send or receive email. All attempts to send go to the outbox and sit there indefinitely. Also, the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThomasCBra, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

My outlook.com email account on my laptop will not send or receive email. All attempts to send go to the outbox and sit there indefinitely.

Also, the account does not receive incoming mail for about a week now. Further, manual commands to synchronize do not work. Nothing happens - sync seems to be in an infinite loop.

Yet, my same outlook.com email account/app on my iPhone works normally. It receives and sends email correctly. It is only on this laptop that my outlook.com account is not working.

This laptop is a Dell XPS 15, running Windows 10, version 1903. It also has on it another email account with the extension …msn.com. That is my spouse's account and it still works fine.

I tried resetting my Microsoft Windows account but that did not help. Actually, my spouse and I use the same Windows account. I am a family member on that account, if that makes any difference. But resetting it did not help in any case…

What do I do to fix this?

Thnx

Moved from: (Outlook.com | Email | Sending, receiving, and reading email)

:)

ThomasCBra, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Outlook ceases to send and receive mail the next day

Does your Outlook Version 11 [part of Office 2003] ever send the messages? I've never favored having to click an icon to Send and Receive immediately, just another step in using the program, prefer to have it do the functions when clicking Send for the message.

And it's possible Win10 Version 1803 Build 17134.228 is part of the issue since support for Office 2003 has ended.

I'd try a test where Outlook is closed first before shutting down the computer, after all Outlook won't work when the computer is shut down.

Berton, Aug 20, 2019
  3. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Darrin5 Win User

Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

Outlook ceases to send and receive mail the next day

No error messages pop up.

I have also tried just closing and reopening outlook, but that does not help.

I have aslo tried just logging out and back in and opening outlook, but again, outlook does not send and receive, either automatically when i open the program or when i press the send/receive button.

Restarting or shutting down and rebooting seem to be the only things that work for me.

Darrin5, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

1. Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working - Similar Threads - Outlook com Send

2. Outlook can't send but can receive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook can't send but can receive: Windows 20H2 MS Outlook 365 16.0.13901.20276 I had cause to restore my system after a system failure. All was restored OK except MS Outlook 365. After fiddling around for a while I have got all my folders restored and can now successfully receive mail. But I can't send. What...
  3. Outlook send/receive problem

Outlook send/receive problem: I am running Office 2016 on my desktop Windows PC. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Since then I have been having intermittent problems with Outlook. When I boot-up, open Outlook, and do a send/receive, it always works perfectly. After being open for some...
  4. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  5. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  6. Send and receive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send and receive not working: My send and receive will not work. I keep getting a request to enter my password but have tried all of mine and none will work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-and-receive-not-working/234ea333-a2e2-4052-963b-22beda55fd1a
  7. Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.: I now get "Network Operation Failed" and below that, "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041004" This Outlook install is part of Office 2010. Everything was running fine until this morning. I did a lot of searching...
  8. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  9. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  10. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...