Windows 10: Outlook.com

Discus and support Outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I used to click on this email ...... @live.com and if there was a new email it would appear. Now when I do so, nothing but the Outllok.com page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maranna, May 6, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

Outlook.com

Hello
    I used to click on this email ...... @live.com and if there was a new email it would appear. Now when I do so, nothing but the Outllok.com page with no information in there. I click on the big blue square "Outlook.com" and my inbox appears. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I do not remember changing any settings.
    TY
    Peter

:)

maranna, May 6, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

outlook.com

I too have been using hotmail for many years. I would be very PO'd if they killed free outook.com.

Yes, MS is doing everything it can to "encourage" people to spend more money, ie by "upgrading" to the paid outlook.com and Office 365 "subscriptions".

Rohn007, May 6, 2016
  3. outlook.com

is outllok.com closing?

ChasAppleby, May 6, 2016
  4. Outlook.com

MS merged all of their Mail Server addresses (hotmail.com, live.com, and msn.com) under the outlook.com umbrella address - users didn't have to change anything.

MS is making additional changes to Outlook.com, so perhaps your experience is just part of the changes.

Everything should work as before, just from a different place.
    One caveat is WLM after late June changes: Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, May 6, 2016
  5. Outlook email is highly unreliable, you should not use it for anything important, MS makes changes every now and then.

TairikuOkami, May 6, 2016
  6. maranna Win User
    I use it as my MS account and until now has been very good. It is again working as it should.
    I have a Gmail and ISP account besides my client, eM Client.
    Is there anything I have to do to accommodate this switch?
    I have not used WLM for years when it was part of Essentials.
    Importantly, I set up an Outlook.com account for my wife a while ago, and it has a similar but different look than mine - I cannot find the version of either.
    Is hers the new look and mine the old?I have read your link but cannot understand what I should be doing, if anything.
    All my contacts know me as my current Outlook.com address so an alias or a new account would foil things up.

Thank you both for the information.

maranna, May 6, 2016
  7. The article focused on Windows Live Mail and the sync protocol that MS will implement in Outlook.com (late June2016)

Since you don't use WLM - you can probably ignore the article.

I believe IMAP and POP3 protocols will still be supported, just the sync mechanism will change. That's only my opinion though.

A member said, as far as they knew, that eM Client supports the EAS protocol - Outlook.com will change to use that sync protocol late June 2016).
    I looked at the eM Client site and saw that it supports the EWS protocol.

That's as far as I went.

I don't think you have to do anything to accommodate the change if you connect IMAP or POP3 and you don't have to do anything right away. I'm sure there will be more inofrmation in the next couple of weeks.

If you sync Contacts or Calendars - you might have to switch eMail clients. The only two clients mentioned in the article were
    MS Mail App (free)
    MS Outlook ($$)

Slartybart, May 7, 2016
  8. maranna Win User

Outlook.com

I had thought that when they switch in June it would be trouble for my live.com account as far as accessing other sites go but you seem to have clarified that.
    It seems they either want me to pay or use or use their mail app. I'll see if my client s syncs at that time and if not will likely have to use their app.
    Thank you very much

maranna, May 7, 2016
  9. If it's unreliable, why should you use it for important things?

I have been using it for 15+ years without issues

paulsalter, May 7, 2016
  10. Ops. somehow I forgot to add NOT, corrected. *Wink

Well good for you, I have experienced loosing emails, problems with accessing email at all due to MS policies and so on.
    Not to mention, MS renames it every 2-3 years, which complicates things. Hotmail -> Live -> Outlook -> what is next?

TairikuOkami, May 7, 2016
  11. dustymars Win User
    Mail.app is like digging up some 1970's vintage e-mail program and making it less attractive. What is next, phone line modems?

dustymars, May 7, 2016
  12. maranna Win User
    I am currently having problems. When I sign in, I no longer see my new emails yet I have changed nothing.
    In order for it to function, I have to refresh it by clicking on the Outlook.com blue box upper left. When I send an email, I no longer get a verification but when I check the sent folder it is ok.
    Until recently I never had a complaint. This has only happened in the last couple of weeks.
    It seems when there is a malfunction and you wait a bit, it is corrected.
    I sense they are working on the program.
    I only wish it did not affect me and was as reliable as it was for years until lately.

maranna, May 7, 2016
  13. strollin Win User

Outlook.com

So YOUR personal experience using it should be the final say as to whether the service is reliable or not? Why can you completely dismiss paulsalter's experience?

My experience mirrors his, I've had my hotmail email address since 1998 (my main email address) and have never lost a single email or had any significant difficulty accessing the service (no more so than any other on-line service such as forums like this one). The fact that MS has changed the name of the service several times is a non-issue for me since my email address has been the same for all 18 years.

strollin, May 7, 2016
  14. grouser Win User
    Following the email from Microsoft re Outlook and Windows Live Mail.I tried it and had No problems when applying both mine and the wife's Hotmail accounts,but when I tried to enter my service providers account though it loaded and worked there were NO folders other than Inbox Sent and Trash all the other folders belonging to that particular account were missing,I tried using settings to try and throw light on the issue but could not see anything that was useful to the matter in hand, do you think this will be sorted later or because it isn't a Microsoft email account we will get treated like a non entity

grouser, May 7, 2016
  15. maranna Win User
    At the risk of being redundant, I am experiencing issues I previously outlined in my last post I never saw until recently. As I said, it is so coincidental with this new 'naming' process that maybe they are tweaking and disturbing. I never has any issues but certainly do now, with both of our Outlook.com accounts.
    I hope they sort it out soon. Try clicking on the Outlook.com big box upper left to se if that resets or refreshes your folders.
    It dos with me but I still can't get to see a sent confirmation. I have to look in the sent folder.
    Does anyone have this problem?

maranna, May 7, 2016
Thema:

Outlook.com

1. Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Outlook com

2. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  3. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  4. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  5. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  6. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  8. Office (Outlook) 2019 what is this COM thing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office (Outlook) 2019 what is this COM thing: Hi folks this COM panel seems to have appeared in the latest set of updates for Office and Outlook 2019 [img] Any idea what it is and what it's supposed to do. Cheers jimbo 153970
  9. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...