Windows 10: Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email

Discus and support Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a few email accounts. In trying to accomplish something I have been messing up the contacts. Now there are 2 identical entries in Outlook... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Dec 15, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email

I have a few email accounts. In trying to accomplish something I have been messing up the contacts.

Now there are 2 identical entries in Outlook Contacts (both empty)

Contacts some-email-address
    Contacts some-email-address

The email address linked to these contacts is still valid and used for receiving mail only. Very sporadically used for sending - maybe a few times a year.
    The contacts are empty, rightfully so.

I wanted to delete one, but got a warning "Cannot delete this folder" blah blah.

Any suggestions?

Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email [​IMG]

:)

tfwul, Dec 15, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Casandra Win User
    Contacts Delete Options

In Windows 10 mail, my old dead contacts appear in the drop down option box when I click on the first letter, of the email I want to send.
    When I open People App they don't show there.
    When I open Outlook on the web my Contacts folder on the bottom left have no Contacts in it, instead it has recent email from the Inbox Folder.
    When I click on the People Box in the top left of Outlook, it opens all my contacts but with NO option to delete. When I click on a Contact then Manage, it simply tells me I have no duplicates. No delete option there.
    So where are these contacts listed so I can delete them?

Casandra, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

Thema:

1. Outlook Contacts - unable to delete contacts linked to another email - Similar Threads - Outlook Contacts unable

2. EMAIL CONTACTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMAIL CONTACTS: I HAVE LOST THE LIST OF MY CONTACTS. CAN THE BE RESTORED ON EMAIL CLIENT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contacts/5ab0ded5-b8f7-4598-a785-d1966e13d885
  3. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  4. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  5. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  6. Outlook Contacts

Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  7. Email contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email contacts: I have deleted all of my Contacts in outlook.com's webmail. I have corrupted addresses in the contacts. I still get suggestions on contact addresses, when I compose an email message. Where do the they come from and how do I find and delete them? I still have contacts...
  8. Email contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email contacts: I was using windows outlook 2011 on my old windows 7 computer. I want to export my contacts to my new windows 10 computer. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contacts/bda29dfb-f1e5-4aaf-8454-6267c7ba57be"
  9. email contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    email contacts: transfer contacts from windows live to outlook have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contacts/c27b5e70-b804-429e-905e-1af2724bbbba
  10. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683