Windows 10: Outlook Cortana

Discus and support Outlook Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana and "For best experience use... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FredEEW, Nov 5, 2020.

1. FredEEW Win User

Outlook Cortana

Hello

I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana

and "For best experience use Work or School account"

Questions:

1. Why do I have to sign into Cortana when I never had to do it before.

2. This is a personal home computer nota work or school what has the best experience notice have anything to do with me?

Thank you for your time

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Outlook Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family

:)

FredEEW, Nov 5, 2020
  2. krsokol Win User

Cortana fails to detect flight itinerary in Outlook

Thank you, Andre, for providing the suggestions. At this point, I have performed the complete list of suggested remediations. I have also performed a reset (saving personal files) on my Surface Pro 4. None of the steps has resolved the problem with Cortana
    tracking flights.

As a side note, this evening I asked Cortana to track a flight. The app correctly found flight tracker information on the Web (Launching Edge), but did not take the hint to track the flight.

For validation, Outlook is correctly capturing the flight itineraries in my email. Cortana is properly tracking package deliveries, but will not track flight itineraries.

This is certainly not the most important issue in my life, but it has become a bit of a nag that I'd like to resolve. Unless there is another suggestion, my next step will be to perform a complete reset.

Appreciate the assistance.

krsokol, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Outlook Cortana

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Outlook Cortana

1. Outlook Cortana - Similar Threads - Outlook Cortana

2. Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS: You carry your mobile device with you to every room of your house, to friends’ places, on walks and to and from the office or at home. Your mobile device has truly become your daily companion, at your fingertips to help you stay connected to people and things that...
  3. Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc.

in Cortana
    Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc.: Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc. after the latest update. Could anyone suggest me a solution? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-outlookonenote-updating/e9e53716-e8c6-47c3-bdc4-035c03f5c661
  4. Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar: Cortana will only use the calendar associated with my personal MS account, which is not one I ever use or look at in any way. I can't get cortana to make an appointment on my work outlook calendar, which is what I use in outlook. And in the windows calendar app! Everything...
  5. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  6. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  7. Two problems - outlook/cortana

in Cortana
    Two problems - outlook/cortana: Hi there, I am on version 1709, because on 1803, the cortana recommended news does not show. Is that fixed now? Also, in outlook 2016, the email sometimes does not synchronize. I can see on my phone I have the new emails, but sometimes in outlook I don't see them until...
  8. What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018: Hi Everyone, I've mostly ignored Cortana until I saw a Microsoft video showing its integration with a lot of applications. I thought it would be cool to to be in my car, tell Cortana to email my boss and tell him I'm on my way or I'll be late. However, I've learned that...
  9. Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana: Hi guys, How can I change my default 'Calendar' app to use my Outlook 2016? So that when say "Hey Cortana", she can make appointments to my calendar managed by Outlook 2016? Thanks 19343
  10. New Win 10 Feat. Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Upd.

in Windows 10 News
    New Win 10 Feat. Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Upd.: New Windows 10 Features Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Update Microsoft revamps Cortana in the Anniversary Update Microsoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary Update coming this summer will bring a plethora of new features, including deeper integration of...