Windows 10: Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

Discus and support Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Outlook crashes instantly when trying Import/Export anything in Outlook. I suspect that the problem lies with a newer version of Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikkel Bering Alstrup, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

Hi,

Outlook crashes instantly when trying Import/Export anything in Outlook.

I suspect that the problem lies with a newer version of Windows, specifically Version 1809, Build: 17763.195

Steps I have taken to fix this issue

- Tried repairing Office, offline and online repair

- Tried removing the Outlook profile

- Tried different accounts and windows users

- Uninstalled and Installed Office 365

- Reset Windows to a clean install

- Used the "Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365" (SaRa)

I get this Error event when Out look crashes.

Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze... [​IMG]

:)

Mikkel Bering Alstrup, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 4, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

1. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze... - Similar Threads - Outlook crashes instantly

2. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  3. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  4. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  5. Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos: This problem originated in Lightroom, but was reproduced in Capture One as well. When importing or exporting photos, computer would freeze - everything is unresponsive - and to reboot, I have to cut the power switch on the power supply. Computer boots back up perfectly fine...
  6. Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button": Situation - I go through and get all my user specific settings just the way I like it and I'd like to export everything for safe keeping, by hitting an "Export Settings" button from the main "Windows Settings" screen Reasons - I choose to reset to factory settings, get a...
  7. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.: Hello All, After a clean Windows 10 Pro installation I bought Office 365 and installed it locally. But when I try to import my old address book using "File->Options->Advanced->Export" Outlook crashes when clicking the "Export" and restarts stating the error below in the...
  8. Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place: Is there a Gmail forum 120054
  9. I can not import a outlook file I exported.

in Browsers and Email
    I can not import a outlook file I exported.: Sorry if this has been asked before. In my documents folder I have a outlook file folder created automatically. I backed up to the same folder,seem to have worked okay. When i try to import i get this message This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current...
  10. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016: I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 365 export contacts crash

2. outlook export and import crashing

3. outlook crashes when trying to export files