Windows 10: Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error

Discus and support Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook, word and other office apps constantly crash right after opening with the following error. Source: Application Error Event ID: 1005... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by snapgeek, Dec 4, 2017.

1. snapgeek Win User

Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error

Outlook, word and other office apps constantly crash right after opening with the following error.

Source: Application Error
    Event ID: 1005

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\Fonts\StaticCache.dat for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Microsoft Outlook because of this error.

Program: Microsoft Outlook
    File: C:\Windows\Fonts\StaticCache.dat

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: C000009C
    Disk type: 3

:)

snapgeek, Dec 4, 2017

2. Nokia Photos Cannot Open MMS (v 1.2 / 1.5)

Can't open MMS-messages within Nokia Photos (versions 1.2 / 1.5). Anyone with the same problem?

I get the following error event in the event log (after some manual formatting):

Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

error -> errorentry:

- description: Invalid pointer

- errorcode: -2147467261

error -> errorentry:

- (no description)

- errorcode: 1005

- sourcefile: .\LBCTMMS.cpp

- sourceline: 739

- sourcefunction: CLBCTMMS::LoadFirstSlide

error -> errorentry:

- description: Stacktrace.

- errorcode: 1005

- sourcefile: .\LBCTMMS.cpp

- sourceline: 383

- sourcefunction: CLBCTMMS:Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error :put_MItem

nbulp---01, Dec 4, 2017
  3. why does windows 10 crash so much? is there a problem with your software?

Hi,

Usually it is the browser (MS Edge, IE) that crashes if a window is open.

What steps are you taking when the crash occurs?

Do you receive error messages?

Check Event Viewer > Windows Logs

Right click on Start button > Select Event Viewer

Click the Arrow next to Windows Logs

Select Application

Look for errors coinciding with the time the crash occurs.

How to check the Application Event Log for errors

Smittychat., Dec 4, 2017
  4. Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error

Hi snapgeek. Welcome to the TenForums @snapgeek

Did you run check disk, item 3, above.

If yes what were results?

Chkdsk can at times be very slow or it might even hang. Please ensure you have a complete data backup before trying.

Did you uninstall any programs recently, say in the last week?

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  5. snapgeek Win User
    I'm going to go ahead and mark this as solved. I looked closer at the event viewer and noticed disk errors as well. This issue is happening on somebody else's pc but I went ahead and told them that they need to replace their hard drive.

snapgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error

1. Outlook crashes with error Event 1005, Application Error - Similar Threads - Outlook crashes error

2. Event 1000, Application error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1000, Application error: Hello, I've been having trouble playing games because they keep crashing. I have already tried a clean reboot, gpu updates etc. Can anyone help me out?This is the error im receiving in Event Viewer:Faulting application name: EpicGamesLauncher.exe, version: 15.20.0.0, time...
  3. Event 1000, Application error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 1000, Application error: Hello, I've been having trouble playing games because they keep crashing. I have already tried a clean reboot, gpu updates etc. Can anyone help me out?This is the error im receiving in Event Viewer:Faulting application name: EpicGamesLauncher.exe, version: 15.20.0.0, time...
  4. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  5. Event Log Application Error

Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  6. Event 1000, Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1000, Application Error: Good afternoon! My Windows 11 computer frequently freezes. This is the latest error I have got in Event Viewer. Please help me to resolve the problem!- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" />...
  7. Event 1000, Application Error

Event 1000, Application Error: Good afternoon! My Windows 11 computer frequently freezes. This is the latest error I have got in Event Viewer. Please help me to resolve the problem!- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" />...
  8. DCOM Event ID 1005

in Windows 10 Customization
    DCOM Event ID 1005: Description: DCOM got error "1084" attemptingto start the service netprofm with arguments "Unavailable" in orderto run the server: {A47979D2-C419-11D9-A5B4-001185AD2B89} This error has occurred at start up of Windows 10. What is the cause and the fix in layman terms?...
  9. Event 1000 Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1000 Application Error: The game gta5 suddenly exited while I was playing it. I found that the cause of this issue was because of the event 1000 application error. Can anyone help me? [ATTACH]...
  10. DCOM Error 1005

in Windows 10 Support
    DCOM Error 1005: Hi, Getting lots of errors :- DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}. Can't find out what is causing this. Checked in regedit but it only points to DCOM....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is windows event viewer Event ID: 1005 Task Category: 100

2. Windows event log Event ID: 1005 Task Category: 100

3. outlook crashing event id 1005