Windows 10: Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

Discus and support Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, After a clean Windows 10 Pro installation I bought Office 365 and installed it locally. But when I try to import my old address book using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lord Black Adder, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

Hello All,

After a clean Windows 10 Pro installation I bought Office 365 and installed it locally. But when I try to import my old address book using "File->Options->Advanced->Export" Outlook crashes when clicking the "Export" and restarts stating the error below in the EventVwr.

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11126.20266, time stamp: 0x5c3947b0
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0x1659a33b
    Exception code: 0xc0000095
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299
    Faulting process id: 0x2b60
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b22d7c4b2189
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 2d8a119e-1183-4e24-aa9c-dabe3c8e76f7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This question was also raise in the Outlook community but they advised me to raise it in the Windows community because KERNELBASE.dll is part of Windows itself. To see what has been tried already please search for this title. "Outlook crashes trying to start Export/import option". It was also raised by me.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with this, but starting Outlook the following error pops up in the EventVwr.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}
    and APPID
    to the user COMPUTERNAME\USER SID (S-1-5-21-3350787205-2214105002-3722009066-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Hopefully you can help me out.

Kind Regards,

Robin

:)

Lord Black Adder, Jan 29, 2019

2. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the application doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Is the computer connected to a Domain Network?
    2. Does the issue occur when you start the computer in a clean boot state?
    3. Does the Outlook application work fine in a different user account?

The file KernelBase.dll is a DLL file stored in the system folder of Windows operating system. It is created automatically during the installation of the Windows operating system. KernelBase.dll is used to launch .exe applications. When it is either
    broken, damaged or corrupt, you will get the .dll file missing or not found error when you start the programs.

You can create new profile in Outlook to check if that helps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/overview-of-outlook-e-mail-profiles-9073a8ac-c3d6-421d-b5b9-fcedff7642fc

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know about the results.

Method 1:
    Register the .dll file.

• Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Command prompt.
    • Right click and Run as administrator.
    • Type: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
    • Restartthe computer and check.

Method 2: Copy the same file from another computer.

I would suggest you to copy the KernelBase.dll
    file from another computer running the
    same version and edition of Windows operating system.

The location of the file KernelBase.dll
    differs in each system based on the architecture. If it is 64-bit Windows OS, then the
    KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If it is 32-bit OS, then
    KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\System32.

For more information, suggest you to refer the article and create a new profile in Outlook:

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Create-an-Outlook-profile-F544C1BA-3352-4B3B-BE0B-8D42A540459D

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

Hello All,

After a clean Windows 10 Pro installation I bought Office 365 and installed it locally. But when I try to import my old address book using "File->Options->Advanced->Export" Outlook crashes when clicking the "Export" and restarts stating the error below in
    the EventVwr.

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11126.20266, time stamp: 0x5c3947b0

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0x1659a33b

Exception code: 0xc0000095

Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299

Faulting process id: 0x2b60

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b22d7c4b2189

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 2d8a119e-1183-4e24-aa9c-dabe3c8e76f7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This question was also raise in the Outlook community but they advised me to raise it in the Windows community because KERNELBASE.dll is part of Windows itself. To see what has been tried already please search for this title. "Outlook crashes trying to start
    Export/import option". It was also raised by me.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with this, but starting Outlook the following error pops up in the EventVwr.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

and APPID

to the user COMPUTERNAME\USER SID (S-1-5-21-3350787205-2214105002-3722009066-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services
    administrative tool.

Hopefully you can help me out.

Kind Regards,

Robin

Lord Black Adder, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

1. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option. - Similar Threads - Outlook crashes KERNELBASE

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. My Program crashes suddenly every day with a Kernelbase Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Program crashes suddenly every day with a Kernelbase Error: Hi,My program without any change started to crash.This has happened to 3 servers, and they all have the BitDefender antivirus.I have added the folder path of my execution in the exclusion list to all 3, and on the 2 servers the problem seems to be fixed. On the 3rd one, it...
  5. My Program crashes suddenly every day with a Kernelbase Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Program crashes suddenly every day with a Kernelbase Error: Hi,My program without any change started to crash.This has happened to 3 servers, and they all have the BitDefender antivirus.I have added the folder path of my execution in the exclusion list to all 3, and on the 2 servers the problem seems to be fixed. On the 3rd one, it...
  6. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...: Hi, Outlook crashes instantly when trying Import/Export anything in Outlook. I suspect that the problem lies with a newer version of Windows, specifically Version 1809, Build: 17763.195 Steps I have taken to fix this issue - Tried repairing Office, offline and online...
  7. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  8. I can not import a outlook file I exported.

in Browsers and Email
    I can not import a outlook file I exported.: Sorry if this has been asked before. In my documents folder I have a outlook file folder created automatically. I backed up to the same folder,seem to have worked okay. When i try to import i get this message This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current...
  9. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016: I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Outlook Crashing Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

2. outlook.exe faulting module kernelbase.dll