Windows 10: Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account

Discus and support Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Office 365 on windows 10. My emails and calendar requests all go through my gmail account which is also the same account I use for my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ThomasBenko, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account

I have Office 365 on windows 10. My emails and calendar requests all go through my gmail account which is also the same account I use for my Microsoft login. I added a new alias to my Microsoft login "aliasname"@outlook.com. When I add "aliasname"@outlook.com to Outlook on my PC, it adds correctly and correctly shows that it is a microsoft exchange account. I can see the calendar on outlook.com that is associated with "aliasname"@outlook.com. So far so good. If I close Outlook on my pc and then try to re-open Outlook on my PC, Outlook crashes. I went through the error repair process to

:)

ThomasBenko, Jul 22, 2021

2. I would like to change my windows live account which was a vz email acct that now has an outlook.com alias and start over with only a windows live login/ no alias.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove an alias

I suggest you to refer to the section Remove an alias from your account from the below link.

Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Step 2: To create a new account.

• Click on Go to Outloo.com on this page.
    • Click on Sign up now.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Jul 22, 2021
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account

Verification code is not being accepted after adding phone number to alias account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Are you trying to verify the Microsoft account?

• What happens when you are trying to verify the account?

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to add a telephone number as Alias.

I suggest you to refer to the following article to verify the account.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-security-password-information

You may also refer to the following article to add an alias.

Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account

1. Outlook crashing when adding an alias as an account - Similar Threads - Outlook crashing adding

2. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  3. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  4. "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".: When I want to add a phone number to my information, I get an error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.". And when I put a different alias, I get the same error....
  5. "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".

"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".: When I want to add a phone number to my information, I get an error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.". And when I put a different alias, I get the same error....
  6. This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.: I'm trying to revert my phone number but I get, This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.It's the original phone number in this account....
  7. This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.

This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.: I'm trying to revert my phone number but I get, This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.It's the original phone number in this account....
  8. Adding Account Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Account Crashes: So for the past year or so, every time i click "add account" in the settings app the app will Crash. If I go into the mail/calendar app and try to add an account that way nothing happens. I've tried the " sfc /scannow" thing in the command prompt, I have even gotten a new...
  9. adding an alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    adding an alias: Hello, I'm trying to add a different email to my microsoft account since the one associated with my account currently is quite old and was made probably 10 years ago. I was wanting to add my personal email to the account but every time I attempt to add it, it says, " This...
  10. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...