Windows 10: Outlook data and profile

Discus and support Outlook data and profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows user profile got corrupted and a guy from the Windows help desk copied all my data to a new user profile yesterday. I have not yet deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul O'C, May 23, 2020.

1. Paul O'C Win User

Outlook data and profile

My Windows user profile got corrupted and a guy from the Windows help desk copied all my data to a new user profile yesterday. I have not yet deleted the old profile, as I see that the new one is smaller and has fewer files and folders and have not quite yet worked out why. Anyway, one thing that was not transferred over was my Microsoft Outlook, with data and folders etc. I stuck in my email etc and now have what appears to be all of the emails that were in my Outlook in the old Windows profile. However, I do not have all the folders I had in my inbox and their contents. I can still them in the old Outlook. Is there an easy way to get them and to make a more complete copy of my old Outlook profile to the new Windows profile?

:)

Paul O'C, May 23, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 23, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 23, 2020
  4. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 23, 2020
  5. kormath Win User

Outlook data and profile

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Outlook data and profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 23, 2020
  6. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Outlook data and profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Outlook data and profile

1. Outlook data and profile - Similar Threads - Outlook data profile

2. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  3. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  4. create a microsoft outlook profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create a microsoft outlook profile: I need to create a microsft outlook profile to send a report https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-microsoft-outlook-profile/b9646380-55a8-42a8-9e7c-97a75679362f
  5. Outlook Profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Profile picture: for some users i see the profile picture and for others i don't... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-profile-picture/33586575-0ec5-4127-b261-5e7647dda8e6
  6. Microsoft Outlook Profile

Microsoft Outlook Profile: Hello, I am going around in circles no big surprise with my Windows 10 64 bit operating system. I can't send an attachment to an email recipient I use Gmail because I continually get the following error message from Microsoft Outlook : "You need to create a Microsoft Outlook...
  7. Microsoft Outlook Profile

Microsoft Outlook Profile: I am using a desktop PC with Windows 10, tried to scan to email and got the message - You need to create a Microsoft Outlook Profile in Microsoft windows. Go to control panel and open Mail, click show profile and then click add. I did this but there was no Show Profile...
  8. Outlook data file

Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  9. Outlook Default Profile

Outlook Default Profile: I am trying to install iCloud on my PC. I got a dialog box that said, "Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again." I checked, and my Outlook settings show my only ID as the default profile....
  10. Outlook data file

Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manager outlook.com