Windows 10: Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened

Discus and support Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am failing to open Outlook. The following is the window that is coming out, The File. C:\Users\joemb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by BENJ, Jul 8, 2020.

1. BENJ Win User

Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened

I am failing to open Outlook.

The following is the window that is coming out,

The File.
    C:\Users\joemb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected]
    Cannot be opened.

Then after closing the above window, the following is displayed,

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    window. The set of folders cannot be opened.

Please help me to fix this. I am using Outlook 2019.

:)

BENJ, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 8, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened - Similar Threads - Outlook Data File

2. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  3. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  4. Your Outlook data file cannot be configured

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Your Outlook data file cannot be configured: I have changed the user name in C:\Users from an error created name(tipst) to Noel using a tutorial accessed on Windows Ten Forums. When I tried to open Outlook Office 2019 i received the following: "Your Outlook data file cannot be configured....
  5. cannot open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Outlook: cannot open Outlook, still tied to old company under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I want to use as a private account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-outlook/e5c37242-96e3-4d59-9913-5ce7d023a3c6
  6. cannot open Outlook

cannot open Outlook: After changing a provider, can't open Microsoft Outlook.Help me to regain access to my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-outlook/62fa0c89-de8b-4e47-a5c8-0cbfb3bca123
  7. Outlook Data File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Data File cannot be opened: Hi, I have a user running Office 365 Pro Plus version 16.0.11425.20244. Her Outlook gets the message below. I set her up with a new Outlook profile. In 3-4 days the same happens again. Below is a list of steps were have tried that were not successful. 1. I deleted and...
  8. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  9. Microsoft outlook data file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft outlook data file: Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in my email. Like attachments and everything. No need to resync and i tried using the export function. It didnt' work out...
  10. Outlook data file

Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64