Windows 10: Outlook Data File Size Limit

Discus and support Outlook Data File Size Limit in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 that has reached its size limit of 2GB. If I import it into a newer version of Outlook will I be able to continue... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Mikey0368, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Mikey0368 Win User

Outlook Data File Size Limit

I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 that has reached its size limit of 2GB. If I import it into a newer version of Outlook will I be able to continue with that data file?

If not, is there a way I can increase the size limit?

Thanks.

:)

Mikey0368, Nov 15, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Nov 15, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Nov 15, 2018
  4. theJesus Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

Good to hear it's OK now; I'll remember that solution for future reference.
    I thought that limit was raised to like 18gb in Outlook 2003 or something ridiculous like that?

edit: MS KB article discussing pst and ost size limits. According to that, 2003 and 2007 have a default limit of 20gb and 2010 is 50gb. Notice those are default, they can be changed in the registry.

theJesus, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook Data File Size Limit - Similar Threads - Outlook Data File

2. Raid Size limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raid Size limit: I need to create a 10TB raid 1 or 5, Does anyone know if this can be done In Windows 10/11 Pro.I need to have optimum read speed with hardware failure protection. I currently have 4 TB of files ranging in size from 50 to 2.5 GB so read speed is important to me. I am currently...
  3. Raid Size limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid Size limit: I need to create a 10TB raid 1 or 5, Does anyone know if this can be done In Windows 10/11 Pro.I need to have optimum read speed with hardware failure protection. I currently have 4 TB of files ranging in size from 50 to 2.5 GB so read speed is important to me. I am currently...
  4. Outlook Data File

Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  5. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  6. Is OneDrive file size limit 100GB or 250GB?

Is OneDrive file size limit 100GB or 250GB?: My wife has a 136GB file in a OneDrive folder. I just tried uploading a large file to OneDrive using the web interface and got an error saying the maximum file size must be less than 100GB. Are these limits correct for OneDrive on the PC and the OneDrive web...
  7. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  8. Microsoft outlook data file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft outlook data file: Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in my email. Like attachments and everything. No need to resync and i tried using the export function. It didnt' work out...
  9. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  10. Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Limit Size of Hiberfil.sys?: Every time I try to do research about Hiberfil.sys, all I end up finding is a bunch of tutorials about how to delete it completely. However, in the event that I'm doing something extremely important and my laptop's battery does run out, I'd prefer not to lose everything I've...