Windows 10: Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event

Discus and support Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Outlook 2013 with my live calendar. It works pretty good syncing...But I've run into a problem that can't be explained - Or - I can't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roystreet, Mar 3, 2016.

1. roystreet Win User

Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event

I'm trying to use Outlook 2013 with my live calendar. It works pretty good syncing...But I've run into a problem that can't be explained - Or - I can't figure out. Some of the event names get changed. It may change the event named "Check Water" to "����Check Wat " It may drop part of the name & then add these "����"

Now, if I use the native Win 10 email client or on the web (outlook.com) they stay fine until I start using my Outlook 2013 desktop client. It appears to slowly change the events & it mostly appears to be reoccurring events. What I mean by slowly is it looks perfectly right at first in Outlook 2013...But as time goes by it starts changing the names. I have some events that reoccur & start way back over a year ago & will go all the way back to the source, the initial one.

Any Thoughts On This?

:)

roystreet, Mar 3, 2016
  2. PDAfan Win User

Help!!! - Problem with 1 year recurrences synchronization (Pocket Outlook - ActiveSync - MS Outlook 2007)

THANK YOU HeikoWeiss. Your add-in works great for me.

I ran into 2 issues... .NET 3.5 SP1 was already installed on my PC and your installer would try to download and install, but wouldn't complete it. I had to uninstall the .NET 3.5 SP1 from my PC, then your program reinstalled it and it was fine.

The other issue is that the add-in will not fix an event with the designation of recurring every September on the second Monday. Those also change to every 12 years. I work around this by changing the pattern of the event on my WM 6.1 phone to monthly, the
    second monday every 12 months. That seems to keep those events in sync between my desktop and laptop Outlook 2007.

I always found it strange that when MS put in Holidays, they wouldn't be recurring yearly, but individual events. Now I know why.

PDAfan, Mar 3, 2016
  3. DrGadget Win User
    Problems after Symbian Anna update on Nokia E7

I also got a time-zone problem when I sync my calender to our Exchange 2003 server. When I add full day events in my E7, my outlook claims I've time zone west africa and not Stockholm that are the settings in the phone and my outlook, so that makes a full
    day events cross over midnight and mess up the calender. If I add repeating full day evets in outlook I get over midnight in my E7. Strange thing are that when I add a one hour meeting in calender it matches

DrGadget, Mar 3, 2016
  4. roystreet Win User

No thoughts on this one?
    Ill add a little it more information... Outlook 2013 is connecting to outlook.com calendars. I haven't tried this with any other service.

roystreet, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event - Similar Threads - Outlook Desktop Adds

2. My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile: My outlooks shows strange characters in normal windows profile but in another local windows profile it is normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-shows-strange-characters-in-normal/566de5ca-11b7-4efb-93cc-b89f70116fe0
  3. My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile: My outlooks shows strange characters in normal windows profile but in another local windows profile it is normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-shows-strange-characters-in-normal/566de5ca-11b7-4efb-93cc-b89f70116fe0
  4. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  5. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  6. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it: For some reason, there is not a character at the end of every line in outlook, can't paste it here, so will add image. How can I get rid of this? Attachment 326129 177196
  8. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.: Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is supposed to be.[ATTACH] Now, I already changed back to the default font, but it's still the same after restarting my phone. What...
  9. Event ID 360 strange font/characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 360 strange font/characters: Many seem to get this Windows Hello entry in their Event Viewer when booting Windows. The error is harmless from what I know but since I updated my system to Version 1903 the text in the error message changed. This is the only Event Viewer entry that changed this way, all...
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...