Windows 10: Outlook desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications

Discus and support Outlook desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to setup Outlook 2016 desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications or email account has to be setup in built in mail app in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackin, Aug 28, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

Outlook desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications

Is it possible to setup Outlook 2016 desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications or email account has to be setup in built in mail app in order for this to work?

:)

jackin, Aug 28, 2019
  2. CharlieRB Win User

Outlook Notifications appear after a delay

Turning on notification in Outlook does not guarantee Windows 10 will honor them. So, you have to ensure Windows 10 notification settings are set to allow notifications from the application (they may be in the Action Center, but not displayed on the Desktop).

If you already have Outlook configured to display the desktop alert, then follow these steps to configure Windows.

1. In the Action Center (in the bottom right corner, next to your time)
      click on All Settings. An alternative method to open the Settings
      app would be to open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
    2. Click on: System.
    3. From the panel on the left select: Notifications & Actions.
    4. In the “Show notifications from these apps” section at the bottom,
      click on
      Outlook. (If Outlook isn’t listed, you haven’t received a new message yet so Outlook isn’t registered yet as an app that receives
      notifications. Simply send yourself a test message in that case and
      reopen the Settings app.
      Also note that you must be using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 as Outlook 2010 and previous have their own notifications which do not
      integrates with Windows 10)

5. Make sure that you have enabled all notification options.
    6. Close Settings.

You may or may not need to restart Outlook.

Source - Not getting New Email Alerts on Windows 10

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may need to perform a repair install of Office.

CharlieRB, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 (home) lock screen does not display "quick status"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps:

1. Right click on Desktop Screen and click Personalize > lock screen.

2. Change the settings accordingly and close Personalize window.

3. Press Windows key, go to Settings > Systems > Notifications & Actions.

4. Enable the following:

• Enable Show App notifications.
    • Enable Show notifications on the lock screen.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Lock Screen Notifications

Hi Aaron,

If you already receive the email notification before disabling the lock screen notification, it will not go away unless you've read the email.

Since you've mention that there is no new email when you've checked it, there is a high possibility that it is indeed a new email as shown on the lock screen, but it did not appear on the Mail app since it is not syncing properly.

For us to verify if it is syncing issue, we suggest sending a test email. If the email did not arrive, we highly recommend removing your account on Mail app for it to sync properly using the steps below:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click Settings. (As shown on the picture below.)

Outlook desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications aee921fe-fffe-4630-9f2d-ed20845af183.png
    • Select Manage Accounts.
    • Select the account you want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.
    • Then, add your account. Please check this link
      for instructions on how to add your account.

After successfully adding the account, check if you will receive the new emails then open it. Afterwards, check the lock screen if it will still provide you the notification. This will help us isolate if the issue is caused by incorrect notification
    of lock screen or Mail app not receiving new email messages.

Please update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook desktop app Windows 10 lock screen notifications - Similar Threads - Outlook desktop app

2. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  3. Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App: To whom it may concern, Installed on the computer is Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256. The weather app does not work on lock screen. The notifications & actions section is configured for "get notifications from apps and other senders", "show...
  4. Lock Screen Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Notifications: When all users are logged off, there will sometimes be a red circle with a white X through it on the bottom left hand corner of the lock screen with a number by it. One time, the number was 3. Today the number was 6. What does that mean? The only thing I can think of is...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications

Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications: I have the Windows 10 Lock Screen Notifications setting disabled but I am still getting notifications on my lock screen. It will even turn on my screen if it is in sleep mode. I don't want any notifications to appear on my lock screen. What am I missing?...
  6. lock screen notifications in windows 10

lock screen notifications in windows 10: I have followed every instruction to turn off the annoying notifications for Edge on the lock screen on my new computer. Nothing works. Every single time I see the lock screen, I get those notifications. At this point, I just want the lock screen gone if I cant get those...
  7. Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working: I have Windows 10 and the desktop preview alerts for Outlook are no longer working. I still get the envelope icon and notifications are showing up in the action center, but the desktop preview is not. I've read through past Q&As to try and fix the problem, however none of the...
  8. Notifications on lock screen.

Notifications on lock screen.: I have turned off all notifications on my lock screen in settings but there are still the same 3 notifications on it. How do I fix this? I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-on-lock-screen/0a038694-436c-4eda-bed6-2eea8dd27db0
  9. Apps missing in Lock Screen notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps missing in Lock Screen notification: Hello guys, I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I installed the OS from the ISO file. There is one little bug though. In the lock screen settings, in "choose an app to show detailed status", the place where I can add the apps for which I want detailed status to be shown like...
  10. Apps missing from lock screen notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps missing from lock screen notifications: Got mine installed today and went rather smooth. No major problems but one tiny annoying issue. We did the upgrade on 4 machines and 3 don't have this problem. I want to add mail and cal to my lock screen and it is not a option on my machine. (PRO others are home) After a...