Windows 10: Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

Discus and support Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Win 10 build 1803 and Office 365. I have put ForceOSTPath set to D:|\folder name. When I add a new IMAP account the OST file appears in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

Win 10 build 1803 and Office 365.

I have put ForceOSTPath set to D:|\folder name. When I add a new IMAP account the OST file appears in C:\users\****\Appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook.

That really shouldn't be should it?

Thanks.

:)

JJG10, Dec 8, 2018

2. Changing the File Type on an Outlook *.OST file.

I did a stupid thing and inadvertently changed the file type of an Outlook 2016 OST file to a PDF file. I have tried to change the type of file that *.OST is used by to Outlook but Windows 10 does not let me. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

CliveChambers1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Dec 8, 2018
  4. kdub67 Win User

Accessing Outlook Data Files (.ost) from MAIL App after W10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10... I can't figure out how to ADD Data Files within the MAIL app. I have SEVERAL very old .ost files that I keep some old mail folders in that I used to be able to add to the FILE FOLDER list in Outlook. I can't seem to figure
    out where to do that in the MAIL app.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Kenny

kdub67, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath. - Similar Threads - Outlook does create

2. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  3. Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device

Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device: Hello, Im trying to copy outlook .ost file to an offline device. Any ideas on how I can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-outlook-ost-file-to-an-offline-device/9ffe4df9-efb0-4b1e-94d3-2e90c6aaa712
  4. import outlook ost file into outlook 365

import outlook ost file into outlook 365: import outlook ost file into outlook 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-outlook-ost-file-into-outlook-365/71d73c46-8c71-4d6b-9b78-537990f59d3a
  5. Creating new files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  6. WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?: Dear all, I tried to restore my Windows 10 with Office 2010 from the WindowsImageBackup yesterday. I found that the Outlook needed to download my emails from the very beginning. My email size was 25G and all sat in my system drive. It would take 3 days to download...
  7. Creating a new folder in Outlook

Creating a new folder in Outlook: I am trying to create new folder in my inbox and all of the instructions that I have found do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder-in-outlook/b6a22cc2-f3bb-4fd0-a55e-c123f300f619
  8. Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook: Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the outlook ... there are important emails. made by the archive outlook 2007 .pst, copied to a USB flash drive. Then reset the system, set the same office 2007. Now I want to recover the mail data (they are very important) ......
  9. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...
  10. backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010: Hi, I was used to backup the ost file periodically. on outlook using “AutoArchive” Feature. It will remove old items from the ost file and move them to the archive pst file. So It will backup the old items in ost file into pst file periodically. But I don't want to move...