Windows 10: Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

Discus and support Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the outlook ... there are important emails. made by the archive outlook 2007 .pst, copied to a USB flash... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stiansolberg233, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the outlook ... there are important emails. made by the archive outlook 2007 .pst, copied to a USB flash drive. Then reset the system, set the same office 2007. Now I want to recover the mail data (they are very important) ... but ... does not work. whether it is possible to restore them?

:)

stiansolberg233, Apr 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010 issues

Completed a successful upgrade to Windows 10 and all my applications appear to work fine at present.

However, just recently Outlook 2010 incurred a problem and will not let me back into it.

As I keep getting the message "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file xxxxxx.pst cannot be opened".

I located a self-repair utility to repair the pst file (pstscan) and ran it several times to fix all the errors (until quoted no errors found).

Then re-tried to open Outlook and still keep getting the same message over and over.

Re-scanned pst file for further errors and confirms file is still error free and ok.

Wondering if there is a way to get back into Outlook without this pst file,

create a new pst once back into Outlook and then transfer the content

from the old pst file into the newly created pst file that Outlook creates?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bruse, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Tom_g35 Win User
    Windows mobile 6.5 and office 2010 - Outlook is not installed

Hi all,

Well, with help from a nice chap at Microsoft Support the issue now seems resolved.

For the sync to work the PST files need to be in the correct folder - This may seem obvious but for some reason my system was continually putting the PST files in two different locations.

The correct location (in Windows 7) is user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook - In my system setup a folder was created in my documents called Outlook Files.

If a pst file is in the wrong location, close Outlook then make a copy of the PST and put it somewhere safe, then cut and paste the PST file(s) to the correct location (as above. Start Outlook and it will tell you the PST(s) are missing and then opens a
    window which allows yout to direct Outlook to the new location. Press OK to the dialogue box (you get another dialogue box which you press OK to as well) and Outlook should open and sync should be possible.

Tom

Tom_g35, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

What error message do you get when you tried to Open pst file?

Have you tried to Import the pst file?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 24, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

1. Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook - Similar Threads - Outlook does open

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. does backup7 backup outlook .pst files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does backup7 backup outlook .pst files: Windows10, backup win7: Does it backup OUTLOOK's .pst files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-backup7-backup-outlook-pst-files/05eef03c-02e6-45f2-8ede-f47007904371
  5. does backup7 backup outlook .pst files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does backup7 backup outlook .pst files: Windows10, backup win7: Does it backup OUTLOOK's .pst files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-backup7-backup-outlook-pst-files/05eef03c-02e6-45f2-8ede-f47007904371
  6. does backup7 backup outlook .pst files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  8. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  9. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...
  10. Outlook pst file reader?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook pst file reader?: I'm trying to access .pst files from Outlook from a previous laptop. I currently don't have Outlook on my laptop (W10). Can anyone recommend a good (and safe) pst file reader. Freeware would be great. Thanks! 44347