Windows 10: Outlook does not reuse Internet Explorer window in another virtual desktop

Discus and support Outlook does not reuse Internet Explorer window in another virtual desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I'm using Windows 10 virtual desktops and have Internet Explorer and Outlook open in two different desktops. When I open a link in outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charles_U, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Charles_U Win User

Outlook does not reuse Internet Explorer window in another virtual desktop

Hello

I'm using Windows 10 virtual desktops and have Internet Explorer and Outlook open in two different desktops.

When I open a link in outlook (for example www.microsoft.com) the already existing internet explorer window in the other virtual desktop is not reused. A new window for internet explorer will be created on the virtual desktop where outlook is located, this windows is then reused if more links are opened (and as long as the window stays in the outlook virtual dekstop and is not moved to another).

I have tested opening links from the File Browser, and links are opened in the already existing internet explorer window in a different virtual desktop, so you could say that Outlook is misbehaving. I have also tried with Edge, same behavior.

I would like the already existing internet explorer window to be reused when I open links from Outlook. Is this possible to accomplish?

I'm in an enterprise environment, updating to new versions of software is not that easy, sorry.

Software:
    Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1703, OS Build 15063.1868
    Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.1868.15063.0, "update versions" 11.0.130)
    Outlook 2016 MSO 16.0.4849.1000 32bit (Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016)

Thanks for your help.

:)

Charles_U, Jun 27, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Outlook does not reuse Internet Explorer window in another virtual desktop wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. jbizzler Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

And now Outlook is called "Windows Mail". MSN is slowly chnging to "Windows Live". I don't care. I like when names match! It's called Internet Explorer. How generic can you get?

Maybe we'll see a replacement for Word called Windows Typing Box.

jbizzler, Jun 27, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook does not reuse Internet Explorer window in another virtual desktop - Similar Threads - Outlook does reuse

2. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  3. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  4. How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?: I use two displays - one for the tasks I currently work on and one for Outlook and Teams this is on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 build: 19042.1586Since I work on different tasks during the day I have created 4 virtual desktops.I have set "Show this window on all desktops" for...
  5. How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?: I use two displays - one for the tasks I currently work on and one for Outlook and Teams this is on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 build: 19042.1586Since I work on different tasks during the day I have created 4 virtual desktops.I have set "Show this window on all desktops" for...
  6. Windows Explorer and Virtual Desktops keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer and Virtual Desktops keep crashing: Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x2885d2b8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x891df6d3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000010bd3eFaulting process id: 0x19c0Faulting...
  7. Desktop does not appear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not appear in Explorer: W10-64 Home. 1909 I found the same problem in an older thread which is solved, but either I am doing ot wrong or it is not working for me.Following those instructions, I now have: [img] Notice, no Desktop. In the folder Downloads are the desktop files. They are also in...
  8. Outlook does not show desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook does not show desktop notifications: I have a problem with desktop notifications. There are 1709 version of Windows 10 and 2016 version of office. A user can not get desktop notifications from Outlook. There are not outlook on Notification senders list. I deleted and created user and outlook profile several...
  9. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...
  10. Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another: This seems to be a tedious process of going to the task view, then finding the window and right clicking and sending it to another desktop. Is there something simpler? I was expecting a right click on the taskbar would give this option, but it does not. Is there a keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reuse Window in file explorer