Windows 10: Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install

Discus and support Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running MS Office 2010 with Outlook 2010. After I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several months ago, it's been working fine until today. Today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by putergal, Jul 15, 2020.

1. putergal Win User

Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install

I am running MS Office 2010 with Outlook 2010. After I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several months ago, it's been working fine until today. Today when I turned on my PC, Microsoft Edge came up. It was installed automatically overnight install date 7/15/20. Yesterday my Outlook worked perfectly. Today it won't even open. I tried opening Outlook in Safe mode and that also didn't work. It says it encountered a problem and is reporting it to Microsoft and will notify me when a solution is available. I have Edge disabled I use Chrome as my default browser. I did an Outlook repair and that didn't work. I created a new outlook profile and still got the same messages when it tried to open the new profile: says it encountered a problem and asks me if I want to open in safe, I say yes, and then it says it encountered a problem and will report it to Microsoft. It never gets as far as actually opening the program. I tried uninstalling Edge but the uninstall button is disabled and the modify button does nothing. I am a freelance worker and live and die by email. Please help!

:)

putergal, Jul 15, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Jul 15, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install

1. Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install - Similar Threads - Outlook doesn't Microsoft

2. Edge doesn't work after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge doesn't work after opening: Hi,When I open Edge, I am met with ..This page is having problem.Try coming back later.You could also:Open a new tabRefresh this pageError code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONI can't even open settings. That's just a blank page.I have tried renaming the msedge.exe and gone to...
  3. Edge doesn't work after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge doesn't work after opening: Hi,When I open Edge, I am met with ..This page is having problem.Try coming back later.You could also:Open a new tabRefresh this pageError code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONI can't even open settings. That's just a blank page.I have tried renaming the msedge.exe and gone to...
  4. Microsoft Outlook not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Outlook not working: When Microsoft Outlook links won't open Sometimes you don't realize how much you appreciate a show until it breaks. An example is when you can no longer open links in Outlook. It's frustrating because you know you could do it before. In this tutorial, I will explain some...
  5. Outlook and office doesn't work with upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook and office doesn't work with upgrade: windows upgrade didn't work. Can we go back to old version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-and-office-doesnt-work-with-upgrade/6e6871c2-3b9a-4845-97c2-abd0414a3800
  6. Microsoft Store and Edge and the system updater doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Edge and the system updater doesn't work: I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 about a year ago and since then microsoft store won't open, it'll say that it had trouble with connecting to the microsoft servers. edge won't load pages, it'll say that the page I'm looking for couldn't be found. And lastly, sytstem updater...
  7. "Open Microsoft Edge with" doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Open Microsoft Edge with" doesn't work.: I set up Edge to start with the following URLs: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ Each time I open Edge it shows previous sites that I've been to. Did I miss a setting or is this a bug?...
  8. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  9. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  10. Microsoft Edge Flash doesn't work

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Flash doesn't work: Hi, I'm having an issue with Microsoft Edge Flash not working, specifically on Pandora. I want to like it so much, it's close but it's missing some key features and various annoyances. Anyways, Adobe Flash works just fine with Microsoft edge. I have tried the solution...