Windows 10: Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

Discus and support Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mccoady, Feb 20, 2017.

1. mccoady Win User

Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: mom@outlook.com.

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: mom@outlook.com. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: mom@outlook.com but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

:)

mccoady, Feb 20, 2017

2. Battery drain while sleeping

Hi all

Running windows 10.0.10240 on a HP stream 8 tablet; I get longer battery life while the machine is on than when it's asleep. Sleepstudy shows three items in the red:

1. Huawei cellular - I can get rid of this by disabling it in control panel (pity that just switching it off doesn't do it)

2. I2C controller (\_SB.I2C3) 100% active

3. CPU C0 66% active

How can I suppress items 2 and 3?

Or, why doesn't windows deactivate them all while sleeping?

Cheers

letters&numbers, Feb 20, 2017
  3. N73 Big letters & numbers

have you found someting

?

bunicu---01, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

Caledon Ken, Feb 20, 2017
  5. mccoady Win User
    Thanks Ken you may have found the solution! I logged into my mother's live.com account per the instructions and did see she had an old email address as the primary alias. I made her new email as the primary and then deleted her old one. Kind of strange though because this exact setup always worked before with Outlook... at least until I deleted her email and then tried to add it back in.

Anyway thanks for the link I'll try to add her email back to Outlook when I get a chance and see how it goes.

Mike

mccoady, Feb 21, 2017
  6. Hi Mike

Great. You saw on that notice, a known problem since November of last year. Must be something seriously wrong to be open this long. I've done the disconnect and reconnect twice, on MS's request no issues.

Good luck.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 21, 2017
  7. mccoady Win User
    Ken just thought I'd report your link did fix her issue. Thanks!

Mike

mccoady, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

1. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers - Similar Threads - Outlook Email Random

2. Outlook Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Email: If I previously had a Outlook Email Account but now have a Spectrum Email Account would they have auto synced? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/79dea02a-b818-4227-8cfe-cf4d8e53e691
  3. Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address: As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers....
  4. Outlook email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook email: OUTLOOK WILL NOT OPEN. THERE IS AN ICON FOR IT ON THE TASKBAR BUT IT DOES NOTHING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/05428a11-035b-4558-8274-2f8eb5e4fcaf
  5. email and outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    email and outlook: I have a apple mobile (4) years I get my emails delivered via outlook under my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have bought a laptop with office 10 pro I open outlook and create account yet I still cannot get any emails this despite changing...
  6. My documents converted in letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents converted in letters and numbers: I use Bing as a browser and all the documents I see in jumbled up letters and numbers. Please help me to fix the Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-converted-in-letters-and-numbers/e855947b-0997-410a-be79-2c448ea8a7ca
  7. outlook email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    outlook email: my email wont send or recieve and keeps popping up wanting user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email/e622f3fb-4b88-4514-bc8d-f9994651a3c6"
  8. Letters randomly disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Letters randomly disappear: Hi all, Since a day or two I noticed that letters or whole pages full of content disappear randomly. I updated my Windows and ran Malwarebytes multiple times but I can't seem to find anything. See images: https://gyazo.com/52d590764b025ad770006c29899eb964...
  9. Outlook emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook emails: Hello all, Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to send out emails. getting errors and the email lingering in your Outbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-emails/bf839675-77fe-4951-9bfe-c9885cf1ac98
  10. Drive letters/numbers keep changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letters/numbers keep changing: I'm running Win 10 Pro. I have two hard drives in my PC, both are exactly the same - I use Acronis TrueImage to regularly clone one drive to another as a backup. I've done this for a long time on my old PC running Win 7 64-Bit but have recently bought another PC (spec'd by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook.com email account appears as outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com

2. random letters & numbers on outlook

3. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

4. my outlook email shows gobbledegoog,
  5. i received an email with random letter and number,
  6. 365 account outlok show outlook_ and numbers and letters