Windows 10: Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format?

Discus and support Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook 365 File > Options > Mail: Compose messages "Compose messages in this format:" - currently this is set to HTML Q: what are the drawbacks when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Jun 27, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format?

Outlook 365 File > Options > Mail: Compose messages "Compose messages in this format:" - currently this is set to HTML Q: what are the drawbacks when this is set to Rich Text (RTF) ? The only drawback I know of is there are no (graphic) message separators when replying to mails. Not sure if there are any others. Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format?

pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless.
    I have gotten other emails with pdf attachments during this same time period and they are just fine.

I typically leave my outlook window open all the time and have it set up so that the default view is to show my unread emails (from two different email accounts). All 3 of the emails where the format of the attached file changed were listed at the top of
    the unread email list (they were the most recent unread email on that day).

The format change seems to occur "overnight", i.e., all is well when I last use my laptop in the evening and then when I return the next morning, the attachment format changed.

Any ideas on the cause and how to prevent this problem would be greatly appreciated.

EnidMiller, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format?

1. Outlook emails: any drawbacks of changing to RTF format? - Similar Threads - Outlook emails drawbacks

2. display rtf saved in the database with proper format in react app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display rtf saved in the database with proper format in react app: I have c# desktop application using the Microsoft's built in Microsoft Rich Textbox Control and we have used it to save the rtf in mssql database.now i do want to display the rtf fetched from the database to be displayed in my react application with the proper format instead...
  3. display rtf saved in the database with proper format in react app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display rtf saved in the database with proper format in react app: I have c# desktop application using the Microsoft's built in Microsoft Rich Textbox Control and we have used it to save the rtf in mssql database.now i do want to display the rtf fetched from the database to be displayed in my react application with the proper format instead...
  4. Windows 11 + .rtf formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 + .rtf formats: Hi all - I've just bought a Windows laptop having been a Mac user for many years. There is a piece of software I use for work that exports certain reports as Rich Text Format .rtf documents, rather than eg in Word. You can ONLY export them in .rtf, and there is no option to...
  5. Windows 11 + .rtf formats

Windows 11 + .rtf formats: Hi all - I've just bought a Windows laptop having been a Mac user for many years. There is a piece of software I use for work that exports certain reports as Rich Text Format .rtf documents, rather than eg in Word. You can ONLY export them in .rtf, and there is no option to...
  6. format in email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    format in email: how do i change my email so i can understand it..its not every email just some important like my bank statement and home warrenty statements things like that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-in-email/0639ea09-1cff-4546-9341-9b6c41977800
  7. outlook format change

in Microsoft Office and 365
    outlook format change: Hello, so I somehow managed to change my screen layout in outlook and I don't know how and can't figure out what I did. it is just at the inbox. I get this abbreviaterd look that I don't understand why I would want, all other folders are still normal. see attached snips....
  8. pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format: I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless. I have gotten...
  9. Change email address for Outlook?

Change email address for Outlook?: I put my pin in to stop my account from being out of date. I want to change the email address for Outlook, but I'm having trouble. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-address-for-outlook/9a0971c4-f8ed-4efc-a988-43e37b13303c
  10. outlook email change?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook email change?: In past I was able to delete outlook emails 20 at time and then go back and deselect those in the 20 I wanted to keep. Now when I select emails for delete it wants to delete everything in my inbox - thus now I must select each email individually to delete unless I want to...