Windows 10: Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

Discus and support Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP). Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Mar 31, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP).
    Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync contacts (exporting to and importing from vCards) so as to sync contacts and have them available on smartphone devices.

The vCards method works well, requiring a number of steps though.

It is a (very)long shot, I know, but given the Outlook and Gmail accounts are within the same application, is there no way to automatically sync those details?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Mar 31, 2021
  3. WBFAir Win User
    Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?

Hello all

I just got done installing 2016 to my PC to which I used to have 2010 and via using the MS Exchange account this all works from with my company, when I was using 2010 I somehow was able to get other Contact folders I had created besides just the primary one to show their contacts on my company cell phones contact list. Which for that I am using a Note 5 with all the latest updates.

Basically in my Outlook program I keep certain contacts in other folders other then the main one so I can keep track of them better when working with things.

So while I got those all back with the PC version as I can now connect back up to the companies exchange server, the new Outlook account on the phone (as I cannot use the old default phone email account) does not seem to be picking them up when synced as the only one it with pull anything from is the main contacts folder.

Note, in the phones options for this Outlook account it does have a check box that reads "All Contacts", and it is checked. Also I have tried the checkbox in the folders properties for allowing it to be shown as a "Outlook Address Book", but that has not made a difference.

So I don't know if this is a limitation of the Outlook account on the phone, or is there some option in the new version of 2016 Outlook on my PC that I have to check so these folders can be synced?

Thank for any help

WBFAir, Mar 31, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Sync Outlook Schedule With Droid?

My boss makes heavy use of Outlook's schedule/calendar and was wondering if it's possible to make it viewable on his Droid X? Also somewhat related, is it possible to import the Outlook calendar to Gmail's calendar...which I imagine should be easier to deal with on the Droid?

OrbitzXT, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible? - Similar Threads - Outlook Exchange Gmail

2. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Browsers and Email
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  3. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  4. Syncing contacts info with google and outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing contacts info with google and outlook: My gmail and outlook email and calendars sync ok. And on my phone the contacts email addresses show if I want to compose an email in Outlook. However, the gmail contact information will not show up in my contacts folder in Outlook on my Windows 10 computer.....
  5. Outlook and Gmail sync issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and Gmail sync issues: For some time now Outlook on the PC has been having issues syncing with the Gmail account; the Mail app has no such issues, nor a Mac I have at work (all using the same Gmail account). Well known, or just me? 164505
  6. Sync google contacts with outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync google contacts with outlook 365: What's the best way to sync google contacts with outlook 365? 151541
  7. Outlook Web and Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Web and Gmail sync: I use Outlook Live as main hub for email and I have a Gmail folder. It works ok but there are a few glitches. 1) (not very annoying) It seems there's a delay in Outlook from the time I actually receive an email in Gmail's Inbox. My Outlook app on the phone syncs ok, but...
  8. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  9. Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?: Hello all I just got done installing 2016 to my PC to which I used to have 2010 and via using the MS Exchange account this all works from with my company, when I was using 2010 I somehow was able to get other Contact folders I had created besides just the primary one to show...
  10. Outlook not finding Exchange???

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook not finding Exchange???: I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010. When I went to setup my regular Microsoft Exchange cloud hosted account in Outlook it could not find the server. It would not find it with SSL or without. I tried a...