Windows 10: "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared

Discus and support "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; "Outlook Express" which has been my email program since Windows XP and up to Windows 8.1 disappeared when I uploaded Windows 10. This included all my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by psven15, Aug 12, 2015.

1. psven15 Win User

"Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared

"Outlook Express" which has been my email program since Windows XP and up to Windows 8.1 disappeared when I uploaded Windows 10. This included all my saved emails and all my contacts. The replacement email program, which I assume is from Windows 10, is as useful as a eunuch.

Can someone tell me if my old "Outlook Express" is hiding somewhere on my computer or do I have to accept that it is gone? If it is still in my computer how do I bring it to the forefront? I should note that I am not particularly computer literate.

:)

psven15, Aug 12, 2015

2. Problems Synchronizing contacts in Outlook 2007 to my HTC Jade

It has to be Outlook .... Outlook Express does not interact with Activesync or WMDC

http://experiencemobility.net http://mobilitysite.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 12, 2015
  3. JetProp Win User
    Outlook tile disappeared

It dissapeared from the "start" and "app" screens and has not reappeared after I removed Outlook from "email+account" to get it working right. I recreated an Outlook account in "email+account", got it sync'd and the tile hasn't reappeared. I will be a
    sad day if I have to "hose" (hard reset) the machine just to get a tile to show up. Not sure why you can't create a new tile just like you can in every other Windows program, i.e., right clicking on the program to "create a shortcut".

JetProp, Aug 12, 2015
  4. "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared

To give you some comfort?, I have the same problem. Windows 10 has worked well for three days and today, the email folders cannot be located.

rab wilson, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Unfortunately Outlook Express of WinXP was discontinued on WinVista with its Windows Mail. Win7 didn't help as it didn't have an E-Mail Client but many of the OEM computers included Windows Essentials which had Windows Live Mail. If the old OE Folders are truly gone there probably is no way to get them back. If wanting something simpler like OE, I have install OE Classic on Win10TP, haven't tried it yet on the released version.
    OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement
    If you do come across the OE Folders might give it a look-see.

Berton, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
  7. I have to make a correction. I have Microsoft Outlook and not Express. I never realised they were different programs. Does not change the problem though - Outlook cannot find the files.

rab wilson, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

Yeah, big difference. Which version of Outlook/Office? Outlook has a .pst file or maybe an .ost, might do a Search for either including the asterisk as in *.pst or *.ost, might find a backup file. The asterisk works as a wild card when the full name of a file is unknown.

Berton, Aug 13, 2015
  9. psven15 Win User
    I have just found my email folder. I spent the afternoon looking and finally found it through "All Apps". I went to the Windows icon at the extreme bottom left of the screen. Click on the "All apps" and scroll down to the "W" listings where I found numerous Windows programs including Windows Live Mail. The saving grace is that it looks identical to Outlook Express and it has all my old emails and contacts.

psven15, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Gibbs Win User
    Also, for those interested in real Outlook Express it has been redesigned and works in a 64 bit 8.1 and windows 10 64 bit machines for me. I have a dual boot system with OE on my XP side and now have OE6 on my Windows 8.1 as well as the Windows 10 PRO desktop at work. Works EXACTLY the same as OE of XP and even able to add more account and switch to a different account. Since my store folder of XP resided on a different drive/folder, all I had to do was go into regedit and change the location of the new OE6 store folders of my email account in my Windows 8.1 boot up. That way if I download email when in Windows 8.1 it saves it to the same drive-folder-and account folder as it did when I boot into XP. Then when I got to XP, and open Outlook Express it has all the emails that I had previously received, or deleted, or saved, when I was in 8.1 If anyone is interested, that program and info is located at this link: Run As XP - Application Compatibility Forums and yes, it runs just fine on my new Windows 10 Pro at work.

Gibbs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Outlook Express" email folder has dissapeared - Similar Threads - Outlook Express email

2. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  3. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  4. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  5. Outlook email folders

Outlook email folders: I am getting cannot open your default email folders in outlook 2010 running in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-folders/41f44c0c-1e70-491e-8618-ee7a2392ffde
  6. Outlook Express Sent Items Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Express Sent Items Folder: How can I set up Outlook Express so that my Sent Items Folder is in Preview Mode and shows the name of person who I have sent the email to at the beginning of the displayed emails? At the moment I can only have the folder in Preview mode where my name is displayed first...
  7. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  8. Windows 10 vs Outlook Express emails

Windows 10 vs Outlook Express emails: Hi All I have successfully downloaded Windows 10 however, whilst I can see the Vista files from the old system, I cannot find the outlook express files, which I would like to download to Outlook 2016...
  9. OUTLOOK EXPRESS

OUTLOOK EXPRESS: Bought new computer today..son set up for me....cannot receive any emails on outlook....could send earlier but not receive....HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/84e0cf2f-7ca7-4b2c-832c-6a1d8db1dc9f
  10. Outlook Express

Outlook Express: How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/2c9d440f-c536-4ab8-972b-135a2e44857d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My email account dissapeared on outlook how do I get it back