Windows 10: Outlook Express

Discus and support Outlook Express in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllanFrew, Sep 4, 2018.

1. AllanFrew Win User

Outlook Express

How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU

:)

AllanFrew, Sep 4, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Sep 4, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Outlook Express

Outlook Express/ Outlook Problem

Thanks Bruce. I tried your suggestion, but I am not sure if I did it correctly. I assumed that you meant to go to Tools on the old computer that has Outlook Express. I tried removing the checked boxes although I wasn't sure if they were what you were talking
    about. As soon as I opened Outlook Express again, it transferred my Outlook inbox from the new computer to Outlook Express on the old computer. As a matter of fact, this is why I haven't replied sooner. Don't know if this matters, but my email address is the
    same. I am assuming that somehow I need to deactivate Outlook Express on my old computer. Any ideas?

Dan

Daniels1966, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Outlook Express

1. Outlook Express - Similar Threads - Outlook Express

2. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  3. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  4. Outlook Express dbx file association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express dbx file association: In trying to open an old Outlook Express DBX file, I inadvertently selected always open .dbx files with Notepad.How can I undo that association, and then how can I open .dbx files ?Thanks,...
  5. Outlook Express dbx file association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Express dbx file association: In trying to open an old Outlook Express DBX file, I inadvertently selected always open .dbx files with Notepad.How can I undo that association, and then how can I open .dbx files ?Thanks,...
  6. Outlook Express dbx file association

7. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  8. gmail wont work with outlook express 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gmail wont work with outlook express 6: so, ive been trying to get gmail to work with outlook express 6, but when i try to send a message im using pop servers, it just asks for authentication forever! ive looked at other questions and one of them said to not use spa, it resolved something but it brought up this......
  9. gmail wont work with outlook express 6

gmail wont work with outlook express 6: so, ive been trying to get gmail to work with outlook express 6, but when i try to send a message im using pop servers, it just asks for authentication forever! ive looked at other questions and one of them said to not use spa, it resolved something but it brought up this......
  10. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...