Windows 10: Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update

Discus and support Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Microsoft is pushing out a major update for Outlook on both Windows and Web. The company had earlier announced a major UI overhaul for its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update

Today, Microsoft is pushing out a major update for Outlook on both Windows and Web. The company had earlier announced a major UI overhaul for its Outlook app and today it’s rolling out to the public.

As part of this update, Microsoft is adding a simplified ribbon across several Office apps. The new update introduces Bill payments reminder feature for Outlook users which helps them to easily track bill payments.

The company is also introducing another new feature which provides suggestions with the help of search engine Bing for the meeting location and details of used conference rooms.

“The single row of commands can be quickly personalized to suit your work style and preferences—simply pin or remove commands from the ribbon that are important to you. You can always click back into the classic, full ribbon to access the complete set of commands anytime,” Microsoft explains.

The new changes also include some minor tweaks like flagged messages which will now be displayed with a yellow background. The company is simplifying the Outlook for Windows experience and you can now easily customize it.

Outlook users will also be able to see the tracked responses of the events they are supposed to attend or which have already been planned.

“The updated Outlook for Windows experience is simpler and more customizable so you can work faster and get back to the things that matter most. Outlook helps you connect, organize and get things done,” Microsoft explains.

However, the Redmond Giant has also confirmed that Outlook in Office 2019 for Windows will not be seeing these changes and the users can go back to the classic experience during the “Coming Soon” program.

The new update is currently rolling out to all Outlook users on Windows and Web. You should be seeing the update in the coming weeks if you haven’t yet got it.

The post Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 5, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 5, 2018
  3. failed to get outlook contacts after upgrading to windows 10

Hi MS team,

Recently I have updated my Lumia640XL to Windows 10 and struggling to get the latest contact list in people app. My latest contact data is with my outlook account. I am trying to do following steps, please see if I am missing anything.

People ---> Settings -->Add an Account --> Outlook.com --> Enter outlook email-id and password

Windows 10 does some processing and then shows following screen:

-------------------

All done!

Your account was setup successfully

<Email-Id>

Done

-----------------

After pressing Done, it moves back to ‘Settings’ menu, but doesn’t shows the addition of ‘outlook account’ in the list. The major pain is that outlook contacts are not imported to people app, I already cross checked and the latest contact list is present
    in in my outlook account.

When I did the same steps with goggle account, the email gets listed in ‘people -> Settings’ menu and moreover contacts get imported. However the gmail has not he latest contact list as compared to my outlook account.

Also when I go the ‘people’ -> ‘showing all’; I can see following listings and all are selected

---------------------

Airtel

Microsoft Messaging

Gmail

------------------

Wondering if there should be Outlook as well..!

I have been using Lumia for more than year and saving the contacts in outlook. All of those contacts failed to sync up after upgrading to win 10. Appreciate, if someone can guide on how to get Outlook contacts into my updated Windows 10 mobile phone.

Thanks,

Himanshu

HimanshuRaiSardana, Sep 5, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Latest Windows 8 Screenshots Reveal Ouster of Aero Glass UI

In June, Microsoft will unveil the first Release Preview of Windows 8, its next major version of the Windows (client). Some of the latest screenshots of the teething operating system made it to the web, and reveal some significant changes to the UI, apart from the Metro UI. With its Desktop workspace, Windows 8 embraces a new UI design, that does away with the glassy Aero design that was introduced with Windows Vista. What we have instead, are minimalist titlebars with centered window titles, flat window control buttons, and a blending of the titlebar's color with that of the other menubars. Microsoft justifies the design change by calling the older Aero UI "dated and cheesy." Microsoft assured users that it will assist in the transition between the two UIs, apart from the major change that Metro is.

Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update 172a_thm.jpg

Sources: MSDN Blogs, Engadget

btarunr, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update - Similar Threads - Outlook getting major

2. Outlook app UI and Teams app UI won't launch properly after latest patch - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook app UI and Teams app UI won't launch properly after latest patch - Windows 10: We just had patch Tuesday in our environment yesterday, this is the patch: Windows 10 KB5025221 and KB5025229 updates released bleepingcomputer.comMy colleague restarted his computer this morning after it prompted him and now both his Outlook app UI and his Teams app UI...
  3. Outlook app UI and Teams app UI won't launch properly after latest patch - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook app UI and Teams app UI won't launch properly after latest patch - Windows 10: We just had patch Tuesday in our environment yesterday, this is the patch: Windows 10 KB5025221 and KB5025229 updates released bleepingcomputer.comMy colleague restarted his computer this morning after it prompted him and now both his Outlook app UI and his Teams app UI...
  4. Outlook app UI and Teams app UI won't launch properly after latest patch - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X, which is the new expression of Microsoft’s desktop operating system, comes with a redesigned Windows Update experience. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 X will allow users to install feature updates in a matter of seconds, and for the time being, the new...
  6. VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10: The VLC media player is often described as being the most versatile media player. While the UX (user experience – usability, accessibility) is good, the UI (user interface for interaction) is not modern enough as per the latest standards of Windows 10. If you belong to the...
  7. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  8. Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc: My old Pc finally died on me and i'm rebuilding/upgrading it, completely change most of the parts including the motherboard, the only old part that i used are graphic card and power supply unit (from am3+ to am4 platform) my version of windows was a free version windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....

Windows 10 Latest Build, no UI....: hello, i made a bootable win10 latest build using rufus as usual just like other builds. but this time when i boot there is no UI only black screen. therefore i cant proceed to installing it. 74910
  10. IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox: Microsoft is always looking for ways to improve its browser and with growing pressure from Google Chrome and Firefox, there is no time to waste when it comes to pushing out new features. And to no surprise, Microsoft has big plans for its next major update to Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting auto rotate windows 10