Windows 10: Outlook Freezes After Starting

Discus and support Outlook Freezes After Starting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 inch. Outlook freezes every time I start it. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EToussaint, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Outlook Freezes After Starting

I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 inch. Outlook freezes every time I start it. How do I fix this?

:)

EToussaint, Apr 29, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User
    tfwul, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Outlook Freezes After Starting

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Outlook Freezes After Starting

1. Outlook Freezes After Starting - Similar Threads - Outlook Freezes Starting

2. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  3. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  4. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer freeze after starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freeze after starting: Hello dear members, three days ago my computer started freezing after loging in, here is the details and i hope you can help me fix it. My laptop was doing fine, i didn't install new applications or updatesand every thing was in order but recently what happen is when i log...
  8. Outlook will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook will not start: I have been using outlook forever, but for some reason today it will not start. I get three error screens (see attached). This is from a fresh re-boot. How to fix this? 136352
  9. Windows not starting after freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not starting after freezing.: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I was using net through my phone's hotspot. I felt the brightness was low so I opened the Start menu. But as soon as I pressed it the complete task bar freezed so as the desktop but not the applications which were open (Chrome and...
  10. Outlook will not start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook will not start.: Message is data file not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-will-not-start/04f3a54f-e3a5-47ac-9436-6c4e4687f9da