Windows 10: Outlook hangs and doesn't close.

Discus and support Outlook hangs and doesn't close. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Outlook often hangs and never closes. I see a notification icon and if I hover over it, it says "Outlook is closing". But it never does. I'm normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scorlett, Jun 19, 2020.

1. scorlett Win User

Outlook hangs and doesn't close.

Outlook often hangs and never closes. I see a notification icon and if I hover over it, it says "Outlook is closing". But it never does. I'm normally unaware of this until I try to open Outlook to view my email.

Any ideas about how to determine why it hangs?

Sam

:)

scorlett, Jun 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Outlook hangs and doesn't close. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 19, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 19, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Outlook hangs and doesn't close. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook hangs and doesn't close. - Similar Threads - Outlook hangs doesn't

2. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings hangs and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings hangs and closes: When opening settings, it will hangs and will close eventually. I have windows 11 and I dont have this problem when Im running Windows 10. I dont have a grace period anymore so I cant go back and I dont want to perform clean installation just to resolve this. I just want to...
  6. Settings hangs and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings hangs and closes: When opening settings, it will hangs and will close eventually. I have windows 11 and I dont have this problem when Im running Windows 10. I dont have a grace period anymore so I cant go back and I dont want to perform clean installation just to resolve this. I just want to...
  7. Outlook closes automatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook closes automatically.: Outlook closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-closes-automatically/dc5dca62-8303-4bb6-8fe9-d0edd8c9968b
  8. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  9. Outlook 365 hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365 hangs: Hangs while typing a message (new or reply). Cursor freezes. Only way to get out of it is boot the computer. Do not have a large nickname cache. Do have a lot of folders. I am an average email user and I experience this about once or twice a week. This does not happen...
  10. Outlook keeps hanging

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps hanging: I am having troubles with Outlook 2010 and 2016 hanging every time I try to use them. I have uninstalled Outlook 2010 and installed Outlook 2016. I am also having troubles with any other application that I am using. Is there a fix in the system for this type of problem? and...