Windows 10: Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

Discus and support Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Prashant Dhasmana, May 2, 2019.

1. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install MS office and configure Outlook.

2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana.

3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink.

4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that 'Address' field of "Insert Hyperlink" window.

5. Navigate back to the Outlook using Alt+tab key and try to paste the url and observe...

Actual Result:

We are getting "Not Responding" screen and outlook hangs for couple of minutes.

Kindly fix this.

Regards,

Prashant

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Prashant Dhasmana, May 2, 2019

2. breaking hyperlink in Outlook

Or use the insert hyperlink button, replacing spaces manually when there are multiple is a crap job.

DanTheBanjoman, May 2, 2019
  3. facklera Win User
    breaking hyperlink in Outlook

Problem with a Space character breaking hyperlink in Outlook? There is a space in the link between DC and Employees. When I paste this text into an Outlook note it only makes the first part of it up to DC the link. How do I make the full link a hyperlink in Outlook so it does not stop after the first space?

facklera, May 2, 2019
  4. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

Windows 10 Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 won't open hyperlinks

Thank you for your response.

Since the issue occur, we suggest to check this article:
    Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook
    . It contains troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

1. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink - Similar Threads - Outlook hangs inserting

2. Outlook not following hyperlinks - solution

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook not following hyperlinks - solution: I recently upgraded to 20H2 had had the usual list of issues but sorted ok. Two days and two reboots later Outlook stopped following hyperlinks Went through all the advice on Google, everything was ok. Found an article on Microsoft site. Two machines, one with unconfigured...
  3. How to insert hyperlink in PowerPoint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to insert hyperlink in PowerPoint?: Could you help me to insert hyperlink in my PowerPoint presentation? Notes section. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-insert-hyperlink-in-powerpoint/9de09428-36a1-494e-b42d-0debe6891185"
  4. cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word: My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in Word or in an email (I use Office 2010 on Windows 10). This is the message I get: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried the...
  5. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  6. Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working: I hope someone can help. I am not sure what started this, but a couple of weeks ago the hyperlinks in e-mail stopped working. Now hyperlinks don't work in other office products. The only thing I can think of is that Outlook stopped working and I reinstalled - nothing at...
  7. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...
  8. Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11: I made IE11 the default browser in Windows 10. When I go to Outlook 2003 and click on a link, it does not show up in IE11. When I go over to IE11, I am looking at the home page. If I x out that tab, I see the note that I clicked on in the screen area. It looks like it tried....
  9. Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010: I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily. Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010,...
  10. MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink: User @Zardoc posted warning about puting GodMode (access to all Control panel items) shortcut to specific folders, as it will make Office apps crash when inserting hyperlink. I've confirmed this behavior, as have had exactly the same problem on one computer. Word crashed...