Windows 10: Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window

Discus and support Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently got a new Dell Precision 5540 laptop that has Office 365 installed on it. When I attempt to use the Hotkey command CTRL+Shift+M to open a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by C5Longhorn, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window

I recently got a new Dell Precision 5540 laptop that has Office 365 installed on it. When I attempt to use the Hotkey command CTRL+Shift+M to open a new message window nothing is happening.

Is there any way I can check if another program is using the command? This worked on my previous laptop with Windows 10 and the same Office 365 installation, so I'm thinking I have a conflict with another program that came installed on the laptop. Other hotkey commands work as expected such as CTRL+Shift+A.

The new message hotkey is one I really use and this is driving me crazy. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

:)

C5Longhorn, Jan 19, 2020
  2. lizbeth Win User

software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top right of my screen:

Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window [​IMG]

Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window [​IMG]

This happens in multiple programs and is pretty frustrating. I've been looking up how to disable these hotkeys that seem to be for Windows but can only find settings for the windows button hotkeys, not shift + ctrl hotkeys.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, I discovered it's from Radeon software and it takes my hotkey commands over my other software and I cleared all the hotkeys in the Radeon software.

lizbeth, Jan 20, 2020
  3. illaccc Win User
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, Jan 20, 2020
  4. wrecche Win User

Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window

Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi Muralidhar,

I performed the steps as you provided, and the option was already set to off. Toggling it to ensure the setting has stuck, did not resolve the problem. HotKeyList still shows

Ctrl+Shift+E

Ctrl+Shift+Q

Ctrl+Shift+W

as new;y added hotkeys that seemingly serve no purpose other than to take control over those combinations. Only Ctrl+Shift+E is what I am concerned about.

I wish there was a way to determine exactly what application or service had the need for these keys.

Thanks again, but so far no luck.

wrecche, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window

1. Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M not creating a new message window - Similar Threads - Outlook Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+M

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. Shift+m and shift+" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+m and shift+" not working: So shift+m and shift+" are not working, whenever I try to do it it does absolutely nothing. Every other shift+key works just fine. I tried a different keyboard still doesn't work. Also ran "sfc /scannow" in the elevated cmd along with "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  5. Shift+m and shift+" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+m and shift+" not working: So shift+m and shift+" are not working, whenever I try to do it it does absolutely nothing. Every other shift+key works just fine. I tried a different keyboard still doesn't work. Also ran "sfc /scannow" in the elevated cmd along with "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  6. Shift+m and shift+" not working

7. Shift+m and shift+" not working

8. software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

in Windows 10 Support
    software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys: Hi Everyone, I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top...
  9. Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift: Like ive been 2 hours searching for the answer, cause this shortcut is very big problem to me, whenever I play games, I need to lets say crouch and run at the same time and that changes my language and i cant switch items (1,2,3,4,5...), I cant delete my second language, i...
  10. Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>: Hi There! Greetings!! Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or...