Windows 10: Outlook - How to copy Contacts to a different folder?

Discus and support Outlook - How to copy Contacts to a different folder? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Within Outlook I have my contacts. For some specific purpose I need to copy (not move) them to a different folder, within contacts. Trying to do so... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Dec 12, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook - How to copy Contacts to a different folder?

Within Outlook I have my contacts.
    For some specific purpose I need to copy (not move) them to a different folder, within contacts.
    Trying to do so shows that I actually move the contacts.
    The source should remain the same.

Does anyone know a way to copy the data?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Dec 12, 2020
  3. abredt Win User
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Thanks.

Can you tell me where the Contacts are stored?

I also want to back up the Contacts.

In Outlook, People I clicked to Export to a File. It lists Contacts and 2 folders under it with long numerical filenames. What are these folders?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

Thema:

1. Outlook - How to copy Contacts to a different folder? - Similar Threads - Outlook copy Contacts

2. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  3. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  4. How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?: I have a large contact list hundreds of contacts that I want to copy to a 2nd contact list which I can then remove a few contacts and so have two contact lists that are slightly different from each other without having to create the 2nd contact list from scratch. I am using...
  5. How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders

How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders: I have thousands of .pdf files saves into 9 different folders. All files have common ending numbers like 1, 2, 3 I want to move those all files to different 250 folders, which have also starting numbers like 1, 2, 3 and going on. How can I do this with minimum efforts ?...
  6. How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts

How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts: Just started using Outlook for my emails and wish to copy contacts from Windows People into Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-windows-people-into-outlook-contacts/5617e76c-1946-4baa-8026-34f04eff8282
  7. how to activate outlook contacts and transfer google contacts to outlook?

how to activate outlook contacts and transfer google contacts to outlook?: How can I copy a list of names from google contacts to Word to do a Christmas letter mailing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-outlook-contacts-and-transfer/1368de0d-04de-4216-bada-9d032c30af16"
  8. Copying Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Copying Contacts: I am trying to find where my Contacts are in Windows 10 to copy to my flash drive. 49235
  9. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683
  10. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...