Windows 10: Outlook in German removed after mystery install

Discus and support Outlook in German removed after mystery install in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Odd problem: Whenever I right-clicked on Microsoft Outlook, I was getting pop-ups in German. This was odd because whenever I used Outlook everything... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobhurd, May 28, 2021.

1. bobhurd Win User

Outlook in German removed after mystery install

Odd problem: Whenever I right-clicked on Microsoft Outlook, I was getting pop-ups in German. This was odd because whenever I used Outlook everything was in English and since I am an English speaker this was fine. When I went to the Control Panel and went under Programs and Features it showed two entries for Outlook, one for English and one for German. I don't have any idea how the German version got installed since I am on a relatively new laptop that has never been under control by anyone else other than myself. When I right clicked on either of the two versions of Outlook in Programs and Features, boxes would pop up saying something, but it was always in German. After making a full backup, I felt that I could safely remove the German version of outlook without any problem. So I went through the uninstall process looking up each box as it came up to translate the German to English so I knew which button to select. After successfully translating the actions and selecting Uninstall and Proceed, the German version is now gone. Now that it is gone, when I right-click on the English version, the boxes that now come up are in English. So I am now where I want to be. Still, I wonder where that German version of Outlook came from?

:)

bobhurd, May 28, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 28, 2021
  3. tfwul Win User
    tfwul, May 28, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, May 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook in German removed after mystery install - Similar Threads - Outlook German removed

2. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...: Environment: Windows 10 Home x64, 22H2 19045.4291.Yesterday evening I returned to my PC to find a low disk-space notification for my C: drive. It's a paltry 32GB total, and what had been about 3.5GB free earlier in the day had dropped to ~670MB. After the usual expedients...
  3. How to remove mysterious grey box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove mysterious grey box.: I have a stray grey box kinda look like a transparent window in the lower right corner of the screen covering the Recycle Bin icon. It is unclickable and does not prevent me from clicking the Recycle Bin icon below it. It's not currently causing issues, as far as I can tell,...
  4. How to remove mysterious grey box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove mysterious grey box.: I have a stray grey box kinda look like a transparent window in the lower right corner of the screen covering the Recycle Bin icon. It is unclickable and does not prevent me from clicking the Recycle Bin icon below it. It's not currently causing issues, as far as I can tell,...
  5. German characters when installing German application

in Windows 10 Customization
    German characters when installing German application: I use English Language United States, United States - International keyboard sometimes it appears as EN, and sometimes as EN-International on the right of the Taskbar and Region The Netherlands. I have a DVD with a German program/application. I have installed this...
  6. App Installed is in German

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Installed is in German: So basically I play Minecraft windows 10, bought it in the Microsoft store. After a while, I wanted a client, so I searched some up and downloaded it. after it downloaded I opened it and it was in German, when I checked the tutorial it was in English, so how come when I...
  7. Win10, Outlook, problem with german fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10, Outlook, problem with german fonts?: Hi! It's been a problem for a while now, close to a year. And it seems to depend on who sent the message? I have emails that are just fine and then others where special German characters, like ä;ö;ü, get replaced by some Chinese symbols, or just "????". I sync my gmail with...
  8. German

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    German: Funktionsupdate für Windows 10, Version 1909 – Fehler 0x800f0831 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/german/89a7ed42-db32-43d0-9c9e-5a235751aa78
  9. trying to install the German speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to install the German speech recognition: I use Windows 10, the last build. I have English and German languages installed on my system. However Windows failed and after that it has been constantly trying to install the German speech recognition. I see how it is trying to do it every day. My question, how can I stop...
  10. Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing 'mystery' partitions after upgrade to Win 10: I've successfully installed Win 10 on 4 PCs with no problems so far, so I was asked to upgrade one of our office systems from Win 8.1 to Win 10. The unit was an ASUS with Win 8.1 OEM-installed and working, but missing almost all of the available Win 8.1 updates. All else...