Windows 10: Outlook in Windows 10 is not showing emails in reading pane

Discus and support Outlook in Windows 10 is not showing emails in reading pane in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My reading pane is not displaying email content - it is a blank screen. I have to "view in browser" to be able to see the content. Even if I forward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LorettaCB, May 11, 2021.

1. LorettaCB Win User

Outlook in Windows 10 is not showing emails in reading pane

My reading pane is not displaying email content - it is a blank screen. I have to "view in browser" to be able to see the content. Even if I forward the email, the content is blank. How do i fix this?

:)

LorettaCB, May 11, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Outlook (or whatever they call it) not showing emails.

Does anyone know why the content of all my emails is showing as an attachment instead of an email? This happened after a power failure last night.

I was trying to attach a file but apparently my photoeditor also broke. *Bang Head :banghead:

EDIT - Photoeditor fixed. Take a look. In the right pane, my emails are shown as attachments and not displayed in the pane as text and images. Anyone know why?

Outlook in Windows 10 is not showing emails in reading pane screenshot01-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, May 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Outlook 2010 reading pane will not remain after closing

Outlook 2010 suddenly began opening without the reading pane. I can install the reading pane each time the program is open and works as it should but when I close and reopen the pane is gone. The reading pane does not show in the add-ins area and it is not a disabled add-in. It is not shown on the list. I have repaired Office 2010 as this has in the past fixed other Outlook problems but it did not this time. I figured it might be a Windows 10 issue but Windows just went through an update and still the same. I'm out of ideas. Anybody?

Mike Naples, May 11, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook in Windows 10 is not showing emails in reading pane - Similar Threads - Outlook showing emails

2. Text size too small in MS Outlook reading pane!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size too small in MS Outlook reading pane!: How can I increase the text size in Microsoft Outlook's reading pane? My emails are suddenly arriving in text that is the equivalent of 6pt type! The text in other panes in the window, e.g., Folders, Favorites, abbreviated list of emails--are much larger approx. 14pt text. I...
  3. Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: The Reading Pane won't show up. When I click on an email, it opens up as a full window, and i have to close it to see the Message List again.There is no setup in the Reading Pane section to indicate that you can turn it on/off:I tried all the combinations of settings in this...
  4. Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: The Reading Pane won't show up. When I click on an email, it opens up as a full window, and i have to close it to see the Message List again.There is no setup in the Reading Pane section to indicate that you can turn it on/off:I tried all the combinations of settings in this...
  5. Emails in reading pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails in reading pane: Some emails display the instruction "download message and pictures XX KB" but I can't click anything to download them. How can I get the app to display the mail and pictures? Question 2 - Some emails are displayed in HTML language. How can I get the app to display the message...
  6. Emails in reading pane

Emails in reading pane: Some emails display the instruction "download message and pictures XX KB" but I can't click anything to download them. How can I get the app to display the mail and pictures? Question 2 - Some emails are displayed in HTML language. How can I get the app to display the message...
  7. Reading pane on email

Reading pane on email: I can't get the reading pane to open. When I go to settings, there is no Conversation tab....there's a reading pane tab but it doesn't include a "show pane" tab. I'm on a new XPS machine...windows 10. Thanks....
  8. Email Reading Pane

Email Reading Pane: Who else thinks Microsoft should go **** themselves over the lack of options for the layout of the reading pane? But, that is what they excel at...**** up good products that people like the way they are, then taking them away because they want attention. Grow the **** up...
  9. Windows 10 Email Reading Pane Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Email Reading Pane Display: I, too, am having the same issue. Can somene please give an answer to us? It is very annoying and I would love to know how to chage it back. Should be a simple "settings" fix...
  10. Email/Reading Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email/Reading Pane: How do I turn off the pane completely so that my inbox fills the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailreading-pane/09f6948f-d4d8-47e4-8590-725b98c36c02