Windows 10: Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

Discus and support Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . . in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; [img] Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Wynona Win User

Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . . [​IMG]

Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be collecting my emails for me.

In fact, I tried to send an email from one of my accounts to another one and it told me I don't have permission!

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Wynona, Oct 1, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2018
  3. marcbkk Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

problems about outlook

If its running XP then it is in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\ Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    From there you want to copy all the .pst files to the new PC under the same directories *Smile Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . . :)

Darknova, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . . - Similar Threads - Outlook using old

2. Outlook Data File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Data File cannot be opened: Hi, I have a user running Office 365 Pro Plus version 16.0.11425.20244. Her Outlook gets the message below. I set her up with a new Outlook profile. In 3-4 days the same happens again. Below is a list of steps were have tried that were not successful. 1. I deleted and...
  3. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  4. Microsoft outlook data file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft outlook data file: Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in my email. Like attachments and everything. No need to resync and i tried using the export function. It didnt' work out...
  5. Outlook Data File Size Limit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Data File Size Limit: I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 that has reached its size limit of 2GB. If I import it into a newer version of Outlook will I be able to continue with that data file? If not, is there a way I can increase the size limit? Thanks. 121736
  6. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  7. Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...: I use Outlook 2016 as part of Office 365...I have 2 accounts configured within it. One is a Microsoft Exchange account connected to outlook.com and I use this only for 'Contacts' and 'Calendar'. The other is a pop3 mail account, used for email only. I recently...
  8. old Outlook account & contacts

in Browsers and Email
    old Outlook account & contacts: Hello, I recently deleted a very old account in my co-worker's Outlook. There were no emails in the folder, and I thought it was safe to delete because it hasnt' been used in years. However, it seems that when I deleted this account it also deleted all her contacts! I would...
  9. Outlook 2010 Data file import error to Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Data file import error to Outlook 2013: My employer (School Board) requested all staff laptops be returned over summer so the OS could be upgraded from Win 7 Enterprise, so I did an export of my Outlook 2010 file to work on from home- they now want all Outlook profiles below 50 MB. My personal laptop (Win 7 Pro...
  10. Using MKLINK on Outlook 2013 data files in a User subfolder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Using MKLINK on Outlook 2013 data files in a User subfolder: Outlook 2013 stores the .PST file for POP3 accounts in the C:\Documents\Outlook Files folder making it very convent to back up email, calendars, contact and rules. Unfortunately .OST files for any IMAP account(s) are stored in another folder...