Windows 10: Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

Discus and support Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get an error message when I try to empty files from my deleted / trash folders. It says I'm not connected to the server, but that cannot be because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaurieMankin1, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

I get an error message when I try to empty files from my deleted / trash folders. It says I'm not connected to the server, but that cannot be because I am receiving and sending messages.

:)

LaurieMankin1, Dec 13, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

1. Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder - Similar Threads - Outlook issues empting

2. Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder: Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder.Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder.See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items.I...
  3. Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder: Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder.Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder.See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items.I...
  4. Microsoft Outlook Cannot delete this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Delete Folders/Files from Dowloads Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folders/Files from Dowloads Folder: I have fourteen folders in my Downloads folder that will not delete. Neither will the files inside of them. I keep getting a popup that says I need permission. I grant permission and it comes back with "Try Again", and keeps doing so, ad nauseum. I can delete any other file...
  6. Help From Deleting A Folder With No FIles

Help From Deleting A Folder With No FIles: I had this error today, And i am trying to delete a folder with no files! How do i fix this?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-from-deleting-a-folder-with-no-files/87369f6d-9c65-4b80-bb0d-40a5ea96f66e
  7. Deleting folders from File Explorer

Deleting folders from File Explorer: Hello, the option to delete folders in My Docs appears to have disappeared. Anybody have any clues? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-folders-from-file-explorer/5ad75c5e-3cc1-4ff1-bc35-0b608b4619e6"
  8. Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook: Is there a way to delete all messages in the deleted file in Outlook Thanks 47029
  9. Issues Moving Files From/To Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues Moving Files From/To Folders: The issue is when trying to move a file or group of files from one folder to another, like dragging and dropping files, one of the files will open in its respective application, leading to failure of moving files. At first I suspected the files were set to open with one...
  10. Wierd issue when deleting files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd issue when deleting files/folders: Hey I got a wierd issue when i try to delete anyfile, folder or program that is installed on my windows 10 pc. When i try to delete a text document from my desktop: 1: I mark the document i want to delete and press "DEL". This will make my pc freeze for about 2 seconds...