Windows 10: Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

Discus and support Outlook Keeps Asking for Password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Wynona Win User

Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts.

After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process starts all over.

I'm not sure, but it may have something to do with my VPN. Until yesterday, I used VPN Unlimited, but it just wouldn't stay connected, and I thought that may be Outlook's problem.

So I changed to Windscribe VPN, but I'm getting the same old same old; now I'm getting emails about suspicious activity from a long way away from me (which makes me suspect a VPN).

I'm about to go crazy with this; every few days, Outlook refuses to accept my legitimate password on a particular account.

For some odd reason, my @ Live and @ Hotmail accounts don't seem to be affected; only my @ Outlook.com.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

:)

Wynona, Nov 8, 2017

2. WP8 keeps "forgetting" exchange password

have the same problem,,, outlook email keep asking for password... any solution????

AhmadAlkaraki, Nov 8, 2017
  3. genevc Win User
    Mobile phone: Outlook

Outlook on Android phone keeps asking for password for IMAP account. This is new. My passwords for computer access to mail and to Outlook on Windows 10 (don't receive regular email on that) work on my computer.

genevc, Nov 8, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

VPN could be the culprit, but then.. @live and other mail aren't affected.

- Outlook got some beta functions lately. You can turn them off (right top corner, when you go to Outlook online)
    - check how many devices you have (click on your picture.. account... connected devices. Delete the ones you don't use any more.

Check in Outlook, if checkbox for requesting credential isn't checked. This is part of Outlook data file (under account settings)

Outlook Keeps Asking for Password [​IMG]

AndreTen, Nov 8, 2017
  5. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Nov 8, 2017
  6. Did this solve situation?

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
  7. Wynona Win User
    Sorry, I've been offline since about 1:00 and haven't seen these replies yet, Andre and Ken.

I have to leave for pool league tonight, but will work on these when I get home or in the morning.

Thanks,

Wynona, Nov 9, 2017
  8. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

Did Andre's suggestions work?

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
  9. Wynona Win User
    Update:

I now know that it's the VPN that's causing Outlook to lose its mind over my passwords. This morning, I logged on before Windscribe had a chance to connect and I got my email on every address.

So, I closed Outlook, turned on Windscribe, let it connect and opened Outlook; it could not remember my outlook.com email client passwords.

I closed Outlook, turned off Windscribe (both the IP address and the firewall), then opened Outlook. Without a hitch, Outlook downloaded my emails!

So, now I know what the problem is, but not how to fix it. I'm going to follow Andre's instructions next to see if that makes a difference.

Wynona, Nov 10, 2017
  10. Wynona Win User
    Andre, I can get as far as Account Settings, but not to Where you are. Here's what I see in Account Settings:

Wynona, Nov 10, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    When in account settings, / select data files / select account you want change (outlook.com) / click Settings / check security

Another thing.. We will have to check your firewall settings...

AndreTen, Nov 10, 2017
  12. Wynona Win User
    I have the same settings, Andre.

Wynona, Nov 10, 2017
  13. Wynona Win User

As long as my VPN (Windscribe) is closed, Outlook collects email for those accounts. once it's turned on and the firewall is activated, everything goes to pot.

Could the problem be Windows' firewall and the Windscribe firewall bumping into each other?

Wynona, Nov 10, 2017
  14. I would think it is more an issue that Outlook is not passing through Windscribe as planned, eg a rule or setting is missing.

When you use VPN are you using anything to mask country of origin?

Does Windscribe have any kind of logging tool on your device that you can access?

Caledon Ken, Nov 10, 2017
  15. simrick Win User
    You should find a Windscribe certificate in the Trust section of advanced settings in Outlook.

simrick, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password - Similar Threads - Outlook Keeps Asking

2. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  3. Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords: My laptop did a window 10 update i believe its the latest feature update about 2 weeks ago. This update causes when I open Outlook it asked for all my email passwords, a continuous loop, it also prompts me for my Onedrive password and removed all my saved passwords for...
  4. Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing: I just went thru the lengthy stream related to Outlook not being able to log into g-mail vis Subject. After hours of effort I finally got the two to talk to each other but now Outlook will not synchronize any of the folders so I STILL cannot download any of my mail from...
  5. Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL: Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for the password. It has done this repeatedly in the last 2 weeks. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet to...
  6. office365 outlook keeps asking password over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office365 outlook keeps asking password over and over again: My outlook goes nuts... and it's asking password over and over again. I do have a msn email.... I did see some exceptions regarding a Hotmail and outlook but without any details... TH...
  7. When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password: Recently every time I access one of my E Mail accounts I get a pop up from Windows Security asking for the password. When I enter the password my messages download and get sent. My other two E Mail accounts are fine and do not have this problem. Can anyone tell me how to...
  8. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  9. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  10. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook keeps asking for password windows 10