Windows 10: Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

Discus and support Outlook keeps changing Account Settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Office 365. Outlook has twice in the last couple months changed the Account settings and specifically the servers thus causing unknown messages... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, May 17, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

I have Office 365. Outlook has twice in the last couple months changed the Account settings and specifically the servers thus causing unknown messages to be hung up and repeatedly to try and send.

Its changing on its own, not sure how that is happening. When I manually try to correct it, it comes up with an error and can't change. I've even deleted the account and tried to create a new one with the correct servers and it comes back with an error. The only way I've been able to correct it is to use a Macrium full disc image and restore to an earlier time where it was OK. That obviously has or can have repercussions on other things including installed/uninstalled apps, user data, etc.

I also use Mailwasher Pro and the account is not changing in that, just Outlook.

I've used Outlook or Outlook Express for years but I'm ready to dump it.

:)

fireberd, May 17, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, May 17, 2019
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook keeps changing Account Settings [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, May 17, 2019
  4. Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

1. Outlook keeps changing Account Settings - Similar Threads - Outlook keeps changing

2. Change Outlook account as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Outlook account as Administrator: Hi,I am using this Wesitnghouse PC as an administrator. My administrator profile is using an Outlook account right now which I've forgotten the password for. How can I change the Outlook account for my administrator profile for my PC? I've tried contacting Microsoft Support....
  3. Outlook Email Account Settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Email Account Settings: Hello Forum, I'm preparing to clean install Win 10. I'm trying to collect account settings so that I can quickly reinstall my Outlook email accounts. I've got a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. I've checked my Outlook account settings, and I don't see the email setup...
  4. Change outlook account on a PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change outlook account on a PC: I set up a PC for my boss that I have been using MY PC - he is getting a new PC but "MY" has his account sign in, info & email - When he set up his new PC it synced with mine - can I separate them and get an ID for what is now MY PC? Help!!!...
  5. Change Outlook primary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change Outlook primary account: I would like to change the primary account on my Outlook 365. I have multiple accounts for school, personal and work. The problem is that my school account receives dozens of calendar invites which is good, but when I accept them, by default they get added to my personal...
  6. Local Admin account settings keep changing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  7. Outlook Account Settings are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Account Settings are out of date: A while back I started seeing this message in a yellow bar at the top of Outlook Mail client. If I click the Fix account button it asks for my PIN and then says "fixed" and seems to work OK after I restart Outlook Mail. If I click Dismiss, or don't do anything, it seems like...
  8. Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook: First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all. In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and ports 993 and 465 every time. I really dont understand why Office 365 still uses insecure email settings as default as well as...
  9. Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In: Just updated to Windows Version 1909. Now I want to change password for sign in but only allowed to use password for Outlook account. I want two different passwords. Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook keeps changing my outlook settings