Windows 10: Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it

Discus and support Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; The problem has become an extreme nuisance for many users, especially those who have worked here for years like the owners. It appears to be related to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it

The problem has become an extreme nuisance for many users, especially those who have worked here for years like the owners. It appears to be related to the fact that our company is paying for our domain and office licenses from GoDaddy rather than Microsoft. And have been that way since Office 365 was first introduced

The problems seem to be mostly when using Outlook. When security boxes pop up, most users are redirected to our GoDaddy Login Pages. But, some users end up with what appears to be where Microsoft
    is attempting to link them to their original copy of Office 365 Small Business which has not been licensed or used for years.

GoDaddy calls our version "Office Business Premium".
    However, Microsoft calls it Office 365 MSO Click-to-run.
    OSPP reports it as: Office16, Office16o365BusinessR_Subscription edition.

When problems occur, it is almost always on opening the Desktop version of Outlook and get a Windows Security Box asking for the password for an account that is shown as "MicrosoftAccount/their-email-name”.

Since the first part “should say” only their email address, as our email and domain are through GoDaddy, the password the Users try to enter is incorrect. It appears to me that for some reason Microsoft has connected their licensing that went with their old Microsoft Account for Office 365 Small Business Edition.

I am hoping that someone here might be familiar with this issue and can offer me a way to solve the problem or at least get a clue as to where to look. At the top of this forum I saw and read the post by Kari which appears to be a possible clue as to why the problem exists.

On every system we buy, (they are all laptops) the first thing I do is run the Microsoft Office365 Uninstaller Tool in an attempt to remove any "Free trials" that might have come with the laptop before installing the licensed version of the product that we pay for with GoDaddy.
    Yet eventually in some way or form, some users end up back in the mix linked to a Microsoft account that should be expired long ago. All licenses attached to any Microsoft accounts have expired and this seems to be at the core of the problem.

I have considered completely cancelling/closing the Microsoft Accounts of the people having this problem and wondered if this was even possible? Or advisable? In cases where a user has nothing attached to their "Microsoft Account" other than the long expired licenses for Office 365 Small Business, is there any reason why they should not simply delete that account? As long as it is not linked to licenses for anything else, it seems that this should be the way to go.
    >IF! it can be done that way.

:)

questorfla, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 16, 2018
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it

changing computer login screen email address

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.
    After you have logged in with a local account follow the steps to login using a different Microsoft Account.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it

1. Outlook keeps changing the login/license info needed to use it - Similar Threads - Outlook keeps changing

2. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  3. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  4. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 license login change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license login change: Hi Everyone, I have been installing a laptop for someone and it asked to login using a Microsoft account. Since I know the people who the laptop is for would not have one, I used my own account. Now the problem is, it created an account based on my Microsoft account...
  6. Need to Change Login Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  7. Login name needs to be Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login name needs to be Changed: When I set up my new computer I did not have a Microsoft account. I want to change it from my husbands Hotmail account to my account so when I log in it says my name not his with his Hotmail account linked to everything. How do I go about doing this?...
  8. Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps changing Account Settings: I have Office 365. Outlook has twice in the last couple months changed the Account settings and specifically the servers thus causing unknown messages to be hung up and repeatedly to try and send. Its changing on its own, not sure how that is happening. When I manually try...
  9. Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?: Is it possible to use a non-login email in the Mail app? I login to Windows using my personal Outlook/Microsoft account. I'd like to use my blog's Outlook address in the Mail app, so I don't need to use the web interface when replying to emails. Is this possible without...
  10. Outlook 2010 needs to be re-activated and looses info !!!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 needs to be re-activated and looses info !!!: When upgrading a Windows 7 pc that also runs Outlook 2010, chances are that your Outlook account is wiped and that you need to re-activate Outlook 2010. This does NOT apply to Outlook 2013!!! On multiple occasions (more than 4 in the last couple of days) I noticed that...