Windows 10: outlook keeps prompting for profile

Discus and support outlook keeps prompting for profile in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Before you describe how to set a profile as default, i already did that and have gone there numerous times to find it still says my profile is default... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by hepme, Jul 23, 2020.

1. hepme Win User

outlook keeps prompting for profile

Before you describe how to set a profile as default, i already did that and have gone there numerous times to find it still says my profile is default and is the profile to always use. Yet a few times a day opening outlook it either stops working (click the desktop icon and nothing happens) or it opens but prompts me about the profile again.

When it doesn't open it's because there's an instance of outlook running in the background but the outlook app is NOT visibly open on the desktop or taskbar, it's nowhere to be seen. I can't even see it in windows task manager, but i have a 3rd party task manager in which it shows. So i open that, kill the process and then outlook will open but it will ask for the profile again.

This happens many times daily and i'm so sick of it i'm ready to throw my mouse thru the monitor. But every time i try and google this fiasco i get site after site to tell me how to set the default profile which as i said does not work. Any ideas?

:)

hepme, Jul 23, 2020
  2. hepme Win User

Before you describe how to set a profile as default, i already did that and have gone there numerous times to find it still says my profile is default and is the profile to always use. Yet a few times a day opening outlook it either stops working (click the desktop icon and nothing happens) or it opens but prompts me about the profile again.

When it doesn't open it's because there's an instance of outlook running in the background but the outlook app is NOT visibly open on the desktop or taskbar, it's nowhere to be seen. I can't even see it in windows task manager, but i have a 3rd party task manager in which it shows. So i open that, kill the process and then outlook will open but it will ask for the profile again.

This happens many times daily and i'm so sick of it i'm ready to throw my mouse thru the monitor. But every time i try and google this fiasco i get site after site to tell me how to set the default profile which as i said does not work. Any ideas?

hepme, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 4, 2020
  4. outlook keeps prompting for profile

Have you tried recreating your profile?

Not sure how complex your profile is but if it is a couple of IMAP accounts it might be worth giving it a try.

You didn't say what version of Windows 10 you are using or what version of Outlook. Is it safe to assume all maintenance has been applied to both?

Might also check your addins, make sure they are really needed, disable ones that aren't needed.

Make an Image backup so you can restore should something head south.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. outlook keeps prompting for profile - Similar Threads - outlook keeps prompting

2. outlook and emclient password prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook and emclient password prompt: Hello everyone, Having got fed up with outlook driving me mad with the password prompt, I have downloaded emclient. I want this one now and it seems that emails are coming in but when I try to send, I get. An attempt to connect to your email address failed. This could be...
  3. Delete Profile Photo in Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Profile Photo in Outlook: To MS team, Please advise, how to delete the uploaded photo out of the MS outlook. The system is available just only for new upload icon without the remove icon. Best regards, Korrakid...
  4. create a microsoft outlook profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create a microsoft outlook profile: I need to create a microsft outlook profile to send a report https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-microsoft-outlook-profile/b9646380-55a8-42a8-9e7c-97a75679362f
  5. Outlook data and profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook data and profile: My Windows user profile got corrupted and a guy from the Windows help desk copied all my data to a new user profile yesterday. I have not yet deleted the old profile, as I see that the new one is smaller and has fewer files and folders and have not quite yet worked out why....
  6. Outlook Profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Profile picture: for some users i see the profile picture and for others i don't... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-profile-picture/33586575-0ec5-4127-b261-5e7647dda8e6
  7. Microsoft Outlook Profile

Microsoft Outlook Profile: Hello, I am going around in circles no big surprise with my Windows 10 64 bit operating system. I can't send an attachment to an email recipient I use Gmail because I continually get the following error message from Microsoft Outlook : "You need to create a Microsoft Outlook...
  8. Microsoft Outlook Profile

Microsoft Outlook Profile: I am using a desktop PC with Windows 10, tried to scan to email and got the message - You need to create a Microsoft Outlook Profile in Microsoft windows. Go to control panel and open Mail, click show profile and then click add. I did this but there was no Show Profile...
  9. Outlook Default Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Default Profile: I am trying to install iCloud on my PC. I got a dialog box that said, "Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again." I checked, and my Outlook settings show my only ID as the default profile....
  10. Outlook 2007 keeps prompting

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 keeps prompting: Hi there We have this Windows 10 machine. On this machine, we have a multiple profiles about 6 of them running on this Outlook 2007. On particular profile, the user kept prompting username and password even though we ticked the password. What we have done so far for...