Windows 10: Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder

Discus and support Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to permanently delete a folder from Documents that Outlook keeps writing back. I am pretty stumped as to what could be happening here.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelTrifonov1, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder

I am trying to permanently delete a folder from Documents that Outlook keeps writing back. I am pretty stumped as to what could be happening here.

Rep steps:

1. Attempt to delete the folder from File Explorer. It will throw "the folder is in use by another process".

2. Use resmon.exe to identify Outlook.exe as the process locking the folder. NOTE: It's usually outlook.exe, but I have on one occasion noted Edge.exe locking this folder too. This is not any sort of system folder or anything I could think of being used by Microsoft services, just a personal doc folder.

3. Kill Outlook.exe process.

4. Delete folder. It will succeed.

5. NOW, everything will be fine until I restart the computer. After restart, as soon as outlook opens usually with startup, the folder gets written back, and again becomes locked!

I'm banging my head trying to figure this out.

I have OneDrive connected to Outlook, but this folder isn't synced to my OneDrive cloud, and I have already entirely uninstalled the OneDrive client.

:)

MichaelTrifonov1, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder

Outlook 365 Folder Pane Keeps Resizing

Day two and its still ok. I suggest one more day before marking it solved.

BTW: Are you seeing any problem when opening Outlook that it thinks it didn't close properly last time. I get this message sometimes and it's not true.

Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I'm afraid the problem of the Folder Pane is back again for me.

Sam Vimes, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder

1. Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder - Similar Threads - Outlook keeps writing

2. Unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders: Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of...
  3. Outlook 365 Folder Pane Keeps Resizing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 Folder Pane Keeps Resizing: I have recently started having problems with the Outlook 365 folder pane resizing itself. Has anyone else found this? Is there a way to stop it? I am not sure as to what version this started happening. Maybe the version I am currently on now, which is 16.0.13231.20250...
  4. Outlook unwanted help windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook unwanted help windows: How can I desactivate the irritating pop-up help windows which appear in Outlook and other MS applications? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-unwanted-help-windows/6f2f3df1-fda2-49a8-9c29-a100f01d3985
  5. SD card write-protection unwanted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card write-protection unwanted: I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry,...
  6. Removal of unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of unwanted folders: Removal of unwanted folders One of my setups has recently fallen victim to some misbehaving software that had undesirable contents installed on the D drive which is used for personal data. "Apps and features" was able to remove these, but attempts to delete the folders left...
  7. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  8. Outlook folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook folder: Can I create another folder in Outlook if this is how I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-folder/d5330f94-9fea-4ad1-8c9d-54c5e2e8494d
  9. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711
  10. UFO - Unwanted Folder Object

in Windows 10 Support
    UFO - Unwanted Folder Object: When I applied Windows 10 to dual boot with Windows 7 a folder named c8fc94481cec789b7c was placed in the same partition with Win10. Is c8fc94481cec789b7c necessary? Would Win10 stop functioning if this folder is deleted? TIA to anyone who answer. 63287