Windows 10: Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.

Discus and support Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all. One of the e-mail accounts I have is the webmail of Outlook.Live.com I originally created this e-mail account years ago when Windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pez, May 4, 2021.

1. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.

Hi all. One of the e-mail accounts I have is the webmail of Outlook.Live.com I originally created this e-mail account years ago when Windows 10 was first about to launch. As I'm sure many of you will remember, when Windows 10 first launched, they said if you had a current, licensed copy of either Windows 7 or 8, then you could upgrade and keep Windows 10 for free, no strings attached. And, if my memory serves me correctly, I also remember hearing around that time that if you had - or would acquire - a Microsoft e-mail account, it would make the process of getting Windows 10 easier. And, I think, back at that time, it was "Hotmail.com", not "Outlook.Live.com". But in time, whenever I would type hotmail.com into the URL field, it would redirect to outlook.live.com. So, I've had this account for about 6 years now. And, I'm not exactly sure how long ago, but maybe many months ago, I noticed that after signing into my account at Outlook.Live.com, a Menu appeared on the left-hand side of the interface that I don't remember seeing before. Maybe it had been "hidden" and I inadvertently clicked something or hit some key combo. Anyway, on the left-hand side, the Menu looks like this: As you can see, it's like a web-based version of Word, Excel, etc. On my home computer, I have a copy of the Office 2016 Suite, so, even though I saw the web-based version in my Outlook.Live e-mail, I didn't use it. Out of curiosity recently, I did launch the Word icon in Outlook.Live just to check it out; sure, it works just fine. And, I noticed you can Save the document, and, choose to Save it as a file on your local hard drive, and when you do this, I noticed it saves it as a .DOCX file....which is, of course, the proper file extension name for a Word file Besides my home computer, there is also the current computer I am typing this on at the moment, my work-issued laptop. And yes, this laptop - like my home computer - also has the Office 2016 Suite installed on it. But here's what I want to find out........ Let's say that I'm using some other computer and I want to log into my Outlook.Live e-mail via a web browser, but, let's just say that this particular computer does not have any version of the Microsoft Office Suite program installed on it. So if I were to launch Word via Outlook.Live, type up a document and then Save it to the local hard drive.....would it still save as a .DOCX file? And then let's say I navigate to that Saved file, would I be able to click on it/ open it, and continue to edit it? In my hypothetical example, since the Office Suite is not installed on that computer, would the Saved file still be able to be opened? If the Office Suite was not installed on that computer and I clicked on the saved .DOCX file......how would it open? Since the Word program is not installed on that machine......would it somehow know to launch a web browser and then want me to log into my Outlook.Live account? Thanks for any helpful info;

:)

2. x509 Win User

Word and Excel 2013 now crash when I try to print or edit-Outlook OK

Trying to print or edit in Office 2013 Word and Excel now causes the program to crash. Outlook works fine.

the following have not fixed the problem.
    1. Repair install of Office 2013
    2. Uninstall (with Revo Pro) and then full re-install
    3. Uninstall and then reinstall of the HP Laserjet printer drive.

What is my next step, short of nuking the entire Win installation and starting over (ugh!)???

x509, May 4, 2021
  3. PGR
    PGR Win User
    outlook opens word?

If you use a version of Outlook prior to v. 2007, there's a checkbox in one of the preferences tabs which controls this. You can choose Word or Outlook Editor.

V. 2007 no longer includes Outlook Editor, though. It has it's own 'light' verson of Word 2007 built in.

Pete

4. Silverel Win User

outlook opens word?

Yes it does. *Smile Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc. :) Outlook uses word for message composition.

Silverel, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc. - Similar Threads - Outlook Live com

2. does windows 11 contain word, excel, outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 11 contain word, excel, outlook?: does the windows ii contain word, excel, outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-contain-word-excel-outlook/24df59fb-1b5d-4c48-b47b-740567276df9
  3. does windows 11 contain word, excel, outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 11 contain word, excel, outlook?: does the windows ii contain word, excel, outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-contain-word-excel-outlook/24df59fb-1b5d-4c48-b47b-740567276df9
  4. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  5. OneDRive Live .com.

OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  6. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  7. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  8. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  9. Word, Excel outlook not opening

Word, Excel outlook not opening: when I try to open any of the following Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint outlook nothing happens. The screen just spins for ever and it is not working and no error message is given...
  10. Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.: After no problems with Outlook since install of Win 10 years ago have recently,within the past month or so, have begun having outlook mail freeze for minutes and then operate with slow typing, loss of ability to highlight lines for deleting or cutting, etc. and just bad...