Windows 10: Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.

Discus and support Outlook live mail freezem fail etc. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is this coming up in Edge, IE or both. For IE you clear all the browsing data, do this again if the message appears, then windows key + R, type... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roving, Nov 20, 2017.

1. roving Win User

Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.

roving, Nov 23, 2017
  2. roving Win User

Hi Ken, Yesterday afternoon I used Edge exclusively.I left it unattended for and hour or so and sure enough the message popped up (the I had sent to you previously) and the verbal message began about being infected etc. As you had suggested I had cleaned the Outlook browser history and all others and then had checked Add ons and other three elements you mentioned and had nothing in any of them that was unusual and had only one add on for Last Pass, which has been there for two years.

I took your suggestion and loaded Firefox and will be using it exclusively for some days to see if anything new occurs. It is fast just as they advertise, and is mostly familiar. What might I do with Edge? Wasn't really too excited about it so I don't need it.

Again, your help is certainly appreciated! Dick ()

roving, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Plankton Win User
    With this popup.....you may well be infected....absolutely do not call the number. More than likely it's a scam from a particular website you visit. If in fact this is on your system....it's in the OS rather than the browsers being used. The browsers are just relaying the message.

All that being said, I would run Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, superantispyware, norton power eraser and ccleaner, then use one of the online virus scanners.

Plankton, Nov 23, 2017
  4. roving Win User

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I had run Malwarebytes and Defender and found nothing in two different scans. I'll do Superspyware and others today.. Fortunately I learned years ago to never respond to them. Many thanks for your suggestions and interest, and I'll report back what and when I find something. Dick

roving, Nov 23, 2017
  5. I had this before only with an adult site. You need to follow the directions I gave you to reset Edge. I believe you when you said you scanned and found nothing. I had same results with all kinds of scanners.

Anyway lets try the Edge reset and if that doesn't clear then we can all dig into finding this pest. I know Edge is supposed to be protected.

Worth a shot.

Caledon Ken, Nov 23, 2017
  6. roving Win User
    I did as suggested and scanned with Malwarebytes, Adaware, Norton Eraser, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, and Trend Micro Housecall and each found nothing malicious of any kind. Now I will do the Edge reset and will report back after everything has had time to settle and a chance for it to return. Again, many thanks. Dick

roving, Nov 23, 2017
  7. roving Win User
    I just found that I overlooked one in Adaware that I deleted. Deleted: C:\Users\rovin\Documents\PC Health Kit. I'll do the Edge reset anyhow and report when I determine the results. Dick

roving, Nov 23, 2017
  8. roving Win User

Hi Ken, Well, things are a bit brighter I guess. I did all of the deleting and cleaning that was suggested. Installed Firefox. I left it running for about 3 hours untended, and no pest popped up. I'm still not sure about Edge but will watch it over time. After all of the cleaning, etc. I tried to turn the computer off with the start menu closing functions and now Shutdown and Restart do nothing. My only option is to close with the button on the computer, which works and turns it off. Now a new related problem has appeared: Start will take as much as ten minutes, starting with a blank black screen, which lasts a number of minutes, with little or no disk activity, Trying CtrlAltDel produces the task manager menu and just clicking on it produces my startup desktop finally. I haven't intentionally gone to any relevant areas where I made any changes to any of the processes, No clue of what to do to correct it. I apologize for prolonging this ordeal, but do you have any suggestions other than trashing the whole thing? It went from a good operating computer to near trash in just a few strokes. I checked Setup and Power button is set to turn it as it should be. I saw no mention of how to access or change the options shown by clicking the Start icon so maybe I'm missing something somewhere. Any suggestions for this stage of my ongoing disaster?

roving, Nov 26, 2017
  9. Well resetting Edge should not have caused your Power situation.

Not sure what liitle, or big pest, may have done.

First I would you click Start > Settings > System > Power and sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Restore defaults settings for this plan. Restart and see if control has returned.

If this does not work run sfc /scannow to see if some corruption has developed.

Failing all of the above I would do a in place repair / upgrade. This will take you to version 1709, just so you know.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2017
  10. roving Win User
    Things are looking up! After two differently delayed starts yesterday aft. this morning it started up nearly normally. Must be all of the Canadian help flowing south. Just yesterday I did such an update on my laptop and it did just fine getting 1709, so will hope the desktop likes it as well. I'll let you knowm and maybe then you will be rid of me. I do appreciate the assist!

roving, Nov 27, 2017
  11. No problem and we never want to get rid of a member.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook live mail freezem fail etc. - Similar Threads - Outlook live mail

2. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  3. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2011 to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail 2011 to Outlook: Hi, I have been using Windows Live Mail 2011 and have just purchased a new PC with Windows 10. In layman's terms, how do I transfer all the emails in live mail etc that is on my old PC to outlook in my new PC? The new PC has Mail only, I haven't got around to adding...
  5. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...
  6. Transfer data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: I just installed Office 2019 which includes Outlook. I was previously using Windows Live Mail for my emails. How do I transfer emails, folders, contacts and calendar information from Live Mail to Outlook?...
  7. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  8. Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring files from Microsoft Live Mail to Outlook: I am trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail on an old computer to import into Microsoft Outlook on a new computer. I have followed the instructions given on the previous posts but none of this works. Installed Windows Outlook on the old computer. I tried exporting...
  9. Windows Live Mail and Outlook Challenges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Live Mail and Outlook Challenges: My situation, and please remember I am not computer literate, is that I receive incoming emails in the Windows Live 2012 email inbox, but I cannot send emails from there. I cannot receive emails in Outlook, but I can send from there! Spent an hour and a half on the phone...
  10. Windows live mail - Window Outlook - windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows live mail - Window Outlook - windows 10: Since upgrading to windows 10 my windows live mail was replaced by Windows Outlook. Deleting or opening mail in Outlook takes a 5 - 10 seconds, sometimes longer and is very annoying. I notices that my window live mail is still active and wonder if that may be part of the...