Windows 10: Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder

Discus and support Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me write a macro in Outlook for the following: Macro runs when I manually drag an email (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pursuit_Hoppiness, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder

Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder YHlC_Fqu9PjtyUc8wYnSyr7RqDsHn-KebxP-MJq7iEo.jpg

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me write a macro in Outlook for the following:

1. Macro runs when I manually drag an email (or conversation) to a sub-folder
    2. The macro allows for automatic application of "Always move messages in this conversation"

Notes: I've tried Quick Steps and Rules already. I do have a Quick Step called "Move Conversation", but requires me to select the required sub-folder each time. Normally I would be ok with this, however each time I start Outlook, the folder structure needs to be re-expanded (see multi-layered folder structure below).

This is definitely laziness on my end, but I do enjoy reducing the amount of clicks I need to do (satisfies my OCD), and also love a good engineered solution to an insubstantial problem.

Thanks!

https://preview.redd.it/kjrl7k8tcxv...bp&s=a49ca1392215c90dd09939850c207c32b5522fee

submitted by /u/Pursuit_Hoppiness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pursuit_Hoppiness, Oct 28, 2020

2. Ez Macros or any other Macro program

Hi Brian,

The issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/issues in Macro. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you referring on using macros on Excel? If yes, what is the version of your Office?
    • What exact application are you using when using macros? Where did you download it?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Oct 28, 2020
  3. All drag no drop - Monitor or outlook?

Hello
    confusedddotcom,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue? It would be best if you can send me a screenshot of the issue. You can use the

Snipping Tool
      to capture screenshots.

Meanwhile, you may check the suggested steps in this thread to
    troubleshoot the said issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder

Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi Rainer,

Allow me to assist you.

A quick question before we proceed.

What happens when you try to drag and drop attachments in Outlook 2016?

Let’s start Outlook in Safe Mode following steps mentioned below, then try drag and drop an attachment
    and verify the result.

* Hold Windows key + R.

* Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press
    Enter

Outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between Outlook and ‘/’.

If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in.

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

Hope it helps fix the drag and drop. Try the suggestion and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder

1. Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder - Similar Threads - Outlook macro move

2. I Can't Move a Folder in Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Move a Folder in Outlook: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016OST file size: 2.6GB In Outlook… I am unable to move my User Account DELETED MESSAGES Folder back to its default location. A couple years ago, I had created a subfolder in PERSONAL FOLDERS called “COVID”. At some point, a DELETED...
  3. I Can't Move a Folder in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Move a Folder in Outlook: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016OST file size: 2.6GB In Outlook… I am unable to move my User Account DELETED MESSAGES Folder back to its default location. A couple years ago, I had created a subfolder in PERSONAL FOLDERS called “COVID”. At some point, a DELETED...
  4. I Can't Move a Folder in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS: You carry your mobile device with you to every room of your house, to friends’ places, on walks and to and from the office or at home. Your mobile device has truly become your daily companion, at your fingertips to help you stay connected to people and things that...
  6. Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut: Hello! Sadly google cant help me with this one so I thought why not open a post? But lets get to my question. I got a folder with shortcuts to differnt pictures which are in different folders. Is there a way to easy move the original data by drag and dropping the shortcut?...
  7. Outlook error when moving msg

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook error when moving msg: Hello, I've just installed Office 365 on my brand new Lenovo laptop (Win 10 ver 1909). I have 5 Gmail accounts set up. When I try to file a message in a pre-existing folder I get an error that the message can't be moved because it's been changed (not!). The first time this...
  8. drag and move

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and move: This is my first computer using windows 10, I am unable to drag or move anything, can anyone please help me I have tried everything I know I must be doing something wrong. I am not use to using the padI have always used a regular mouse....
  9. conversion of Outlook files to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    conversion of Outlook files to Word: I have been sent some documents with a .msg suffix. Word will not open them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conversion-of-outlook-files-to-word/c00b42f5-7a36-4a73-a7fd-752023a87dd5"
  10. How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10: I am in the process of migrating from an old PC on XP ,Office 2000 and Outlook Express. Will it be possible to preserve and move across my existing Outlook Express emails and folders to my new PC, which will have latest Windows 10 and Office 365. If so, how do I do this...